Review Detail

3.8 13 0.5
Nail Polishes December 10, 2014 523
"un" - checkmate color envy
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

Okay so I bought this product because I heard about it every time I switched on my television, saw it whenever I opened my Youtube. You name the place I saw it there. So naturally when Dischem pharmacy had a special I didn't think twice. I grabbed and I didn't look back. (I got another brand with it to compare...)

I could wait to get home and try it out!!
I followed the instructions that read to apply two coats and and then the gel...
my first impressions, lemme just say that I was chuffed by the color. Now before I invested in this product I read some other reviews and it was very mixed to say the least. So I got it to decide for myself

I busted the top open and went to town (my nails were clean I made sure).
So I'm applying the first coat and immediately I was confused, I'm not sure if there was too much nail polish on the brush or my nail bed is too small for the brush or something I don't know! As I keep brushing I kind of get the hang of applying it with the big old brush. I applied the gel finish and waited. It didn't take too long to dry so that was a major plus for me. Shap!
Day 1 nail polish still looks fresh
Day 2 more or less the same as day 1
Come day 4! Well this isn't awkward. The tips of my nails was starting to show... and then by the evening I noticed that there were chips in my nails. Okay so maybe I didn't apply it correctly. So I take it off and start again.
And again ! Things became awkward by day 3.
Needless to say it didn't live up the hype and I didn't get my money's worth.
But I will give it one major plus. When things started getting awkward it didn't look all busted and what not, it just looked like I haven't been to the salon in a while and my gel overlay was over laying.
I'll give it two and a half coconut oil bottles out of five.

Product Recommendation

Would you recommend this product to someone else?
Yes
Would you repurchase this product?
No
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply