4.8 9 0.5
Eye Creams,Serums May 23, 2016 937
L'Oréal Revitalift Filler Renew Serum
(Updated: August 14, 2016)
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

The purpose of Revitalift Filler Renew range is to mimic the long-term effect of fillers in creams. All the products in the range promise fuller looking contours and plumper skin.

The Serum looks like a gigantic hypodermic needle which gives you the feel of going to the clinic for those fillers that they inject under your skin. It’s a clever packaging but I had to figure out how to use it. You simply open the top, pump the back button and the pearly gel cream is dispensed out the front long-nose nozzle. It helps to always dispense the correct amount and protect it from the air.

It think the magic formula in this product range is the high levels of hyaluronic acid. It boasts 10 times the amount in their products in this range. We already have natural hyaluronic acid in our skin so this is like a top up to the normal amount and can only boost our moisture levels.

L’Oreal has also shrunk the molecule for this new filler-inspired range, so it can be absorbed deeper into the surface layer where it holds onto water longer for a more plumping effect.

They also contain Fibroxyl plant extract, known for its firming properties.

This product contains high levels of alcohol, which everyone knows dries out your skin, so I’m not sure why they would pump this serum full of hyaluronic acid which retains moisture and then counter that with crazy levels of alcohol which has the opposite effect? Makes no sense to me. Not only is alcohol drying, but also it can cause skin-cell death and free-radical damage Contains a high amount of skin-damaging alcohol.

The packaging is also quite deceptive in its contents. Its only 16mls and for R280 seems a little expensive compared to other serum brands on the market that normally offer between 30 to 50mls for a serum.

It has a gorgeous pearly lavender tint to it, is absorbs well and does improve puffiness. However, I'm a little scared of this product due to the alcohol levels.

I will finish the bottle for the sake of the product reveiw results, but I will not repurchase this serum.

#TheTruthAboutAgeing

Product Recommendation

Would you recommend this product to someone else?
Yes
Would you repurchase this product?
No
L'oreal Filler Renew Replumping Serum
AD
Top 100 Reviewer 105 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply