5.0 12 0.5
Applicators, Tools April 03, 2013 475
Real Techniques Core Collection
(Updated: September 18, 2015)
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

The Real Techniques Core Collection is one of the best beauty purchases I have ever made, mostly just for the Buffing Brush and Contour Brush.

The Buffing Brush has taken my foundation game to new heights. I've used it with a couple of different liquid foundations and BB Creams and it gives all of these products a flawless finish on the skin, giving great coverage that is anything but cakey.

As for the Contour Brush, I don't actually use it to contour. I honestly prefer my cheap Cala contouring brush for those purposes. But it is AMAZING for powder highlighter and setting under-eye concealer with powder.

I'm not totally convinced that the Pointed Foundation Brush and Detailer Brush are as 'essential' as this kit claims. I mean, I do use them... The Pointed Foundation Brush works well for adding some extra foundation coverage to the under-eye area and the Detailer brush is perfect for applying eyeshadow to my bottom lash line.

However, I feel that I could have gotten more use out of a Stippling Brush and a Setting/Powder Brush with this collection. Hence my four-star rating for 'Effectiveness.' This will be my only gripe, as these brushes are high-quality and amazingly affordable.

I am a convert and will only buy Real Techniques brushes from now on! My heart is set on Starter Brush collection that consists of five eye brushes.

Keep an eye out for my review: I have high hopes that my future holds perfectly blended eyeshadow every time!

Product Recommendation

Would you recommend this product to someone else?
Yes
Would you repurchase this product?
Yes
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

1 results - showing 1 - 1
Ordering
September 19, 2015
I agree with this review 100%!! :)
Real Technique brushes are life changing! ;) The BEST brushes out there!
Enjoy them X
G
GenH
1 results - showing 1 - 1

Leave a Reply