Review Detail

5.0 1 0.5
Nail Polishes February 11, 2014 120
Intensely Superb!
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

By now, you probably know just how much I dislike trying to paint my nails; I fail dismally at getting it to look super chic, like the pictures you see on Instagram. However, my nail polish collection continues to grow like the black plague and I am addicted to giving all colours and ranges a try but am always left frustrated, especially when my OCD bug starts ticking. If you follow me on Twitter or Instagram, you would’ve seen just how impressed I was by this range because I swamped my page with photos of my cute manicure. You are probably thinking, what is the difference? Let me start by saying the applicator is amazing! It is super-wide but not chunky-thick, it literally takes two swipes to cover a nail (one, on my pinkie!) and the brush is still thin enough to get into those hard-to-reach corners. Nail polish applicators are of the greatest importance, to me, as I hate having the streaky finish and often find that if a brush is too thin, you have to dip it, in-between strokes, making your polish clumpy and uneven. After painting a coat of this polish on, I could see that it would require 2 coats – but was surprised at how fast it dried! By the time I reached my third finger, I could easily return to the first and start a new coat, if I liked. The coats are even and don’t leave those awful streaky lines, you may be happy with one coat – but I like having two for the full effect! To be very honest, had I seen these colours in store, I would never have picked them. My favourite is definitely 92 – Sugar Pink, followed closely by 94- Orange Crush. I am not usually a fan of pink and prefer to stay away from glitter, but this isn’t glitter, it is a metallic finish which leaves your nails looking flawless and classy! I love how vibrant the colours are and urge you to test the colours out, before putting them off to being just another pink or red. I am eager to try out nude nails with the pink for tips, as I imagine it to be the perfect contrast. (I will post pictures, if I get it right.) Now, what really surprised me was the fact that considering the price – you don’t always expect the best quality. Let’s be honest, so far these sound amazing, but it gets better! I am used to paying R50+ for nail polish and it lasts no longer than 2 days, so when my manicure still looked as good on day 4 as it did on day 1, I was sold! I was forced to remove my pink mani in order to give the other colours a try. The strangest part is, this is without the use of a base or top coat, it literally was just 2 or 3 coats of the polish and it still looked flawless! (You can view more pictures on my personal blog: http://beautyblogza.blogspot.com/2014/02/ralo-cosmetics-rich-metallic-finish.html)
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply