Review Detail

4.0 1 0.5
Scrubs, Exfoliators, Peels February 10, 2015 273
Body Scrub to quench a parched skin
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

It took me a couple of showers to get use to this oil containing body scrub. Initially I did as suggested and used a mild soap to rinse off any excess oil. However, this seemed counter intuitive and once I was used to in-shower moisturising I would use Rain Africa’s Kalahari Melon and Honeybush Body Polish as I would any body scrub. The actual sea salt in the scrub is relatively fine and possibly why they’ve opted to call it a polish. I apply it with a shower glove and rinse with warm water to remove any excess bits and pieces. As I pat my skin dry I can see the pearling from the remaining oil on my skin leaving it hydrated and soft.

I’m not sure why, maybe it is because I have never been to the Kalahari, but the scent of the body polish reminds me of the Karoo. It is a rather earthy African fragrance which I love, but may not be for everyone.

At R 135 for 150 g it is not the cheapest scrub out there. But then again this is a luxuriant scrub especially formulated for dry skin from quality ingredients backed by the Rain Africa promises of sustainability, environmental and social responsibility.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply