Review Detail

4.0 1 0.5
Shampoo August 26, 2011 70
Divine Lather Experience
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

This shampoo is unlike anything I have tried before. It is sulphate free. For those who don't know, sulphates are responsible for the product's foaming properties and are in most products such as shampoos, body,hand and face washes. While is feels nice to have the lather, a lot of prefessionals claim it to be unhelthy for the hair. In my previous experience when one opts for a sulphate-free shampoo they would most probably have to sacrifice the foam altoghether. Well this shampoo has proved me wrong! It has the softest and most divine lather. It actually lathers more then some of my regular shampoos. It comes out of the tube fairly thick almost like a cream and as you work it into your hair it lathers up beautifully. The foam feels extremely soft - very much reminds me of the shaving foam.

This shampoo cleans very well. I have fairly oily hair so I am impressed with the result. However I did feel a bit of dryness as I rinsed it off. My hair felt a bit coarse. It really needed to be followed up with a detangling conditioner. The first time I used the shampoo only to just see what it will do, and as my hair dried the ends did feel dryer than usual. However the volume was great! The second time I used my own conditioner and it worked my better while the volume still remained.

I think it is a great innovative product and the foam is amazing but the moisturising aspect of it is a bit lacking. If you use it by itself it leaves the hair slightly stripped. I recommend to get this only in conjunction with the conditioner which unfortunately I haven't had the pleasure of trying out. The other good thing about the product and Paul Mitchell brand as a whole is that it is cruelty free!
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply