4.5 5 0.5
Cleansers,Toners,Washes December 19, 2014 591
The Olay Regenerist Cleansing System: Pure Genius
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

By Rashmee Bagirathi

Thank you to Beauty Bulletin for the opportunity to review the Olay Regenerist Microsculpting Cleansing System: a 2-speed gentle rotating brush head that snaps on easily to the hand-held silicone and plastic brush, 2 AA batteries and Regenerist skin perfecting cleanser.

I've seen this system in Dischem for R329. The skin perfecting cleanser 150mls will cost you R99.95 and this system is widely available in major supermarkets as well as Foschini,Edgars,clicks and Dischem.

Those of you who read and follow any of my reviews will know I believe in facial brushes.....I've used the Clinique Sonic cleansing brush. However, I simply could not justify purchasing this brush although I believe it to be an absolutely effective product. Close on its heels are the Olay Regenerist Cleansing System at R329,the Sorbet Facial Cleanser at R249,the Dischem Dquip at R99 and even The Body Shop has a manual brush for R60.

Believe it or not, this is not new technology......It's been around since the days of Clarisonic, which is the original facial cleansing brush I know.

As I'm a huge believer in facial cleansing brushes, I actually own three: The Body Shop one which is unfortunately too harsh on my skin, and the Dquip facial cleanser which has a silicone brush head making it an effective toner and massager but not nearly as effective a cleanser.

Now, this Olay brush stands head and shoulders above the other two brushes I own.

Why?

Firstly, it's water resistant, making it perfect to take into the shower for a thorough deep cleanse.

Secondly, as you will probably note in my pictures, it has a significantly smaller head then the other two brushes I own. This makes it possible to get into the area between your nose and lips and around the eyes.

Thirdly, the bristles are so gentle. They feel as soft as a baby's brush. Now, if you think that means that you will get an ineffectual cleanse you are dead wrong...The Olay Regenerist Cleansing System is actually targeted for aging skins....I would say the 35 plus group.

Fourth, the brush has 2 speeds enabling deep cleansing and gentle exfoliation and is suitable for even daily use.

Fifth, this system cleanses 4 times better than cleanser alone and in so doing effectively preps your skin for serum and your anti-ageing regime.

How to use:
1. Remove makeup with your usual method.
2. Apply skin perfecting cleanser to dampened face and massage in in circular movements.You need only a pea sized amount to feel the micrograins in the pearlescent texture start to work, leaving you with a very gentle tingle.
3.Apply the dampened brush onto your face and gently in circular movements apply to your face for 60 seconds
4. Rinse and pat dry.

I'm an Olay girl, so I apply my eye transforming cream,instant smoothing serum,regenerist replenishing cream if its night or my total effects 7 in one day cream for day.

I used this brush three times since receiving it and my initial impression is: GET IT NOW!

I used it after a beach day on parched irritated skin. The dry peeling around my nose has all but gone. My skin texture is refined. My pores seem smaller. My pigmentation on my cheeks less visible and my skin is sooooo much brighter.

All I can say is...wow! I'd love to see what my skin looks like in four weeks time.
BB
Top 50 Reviewer 118 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply