Review Detail

4.4 28 0.5
Lipgloss. Balms, Lip Plumpers October 28, 2014 575
NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

I actually quite like this product, have been switching between the NYX soft matte lip cream and the LA girl liquid lips. I purchased a subtle nude shade called Cannes and vibrant red called Amsterdam.

These amazingly have the opacity and intensity that most lipsticks don’t have (plus the amazing durability).

Sometimes, when my lips are a bit dry, it will settle into the dry patches only after a few hours but it isn’t too bad because it doesn’t actually dry the lips out. This is much more dry-lips-friendly than the LA girl liquid lipstick.

The initial finish is very creamy and matte, but after about half an hour it becomes fully matted. Some people complain that the creaminess eventually subsides, but I actually like it this way because after the creaminess is gone it turns fully matte and it somehow appears as if the color is infused together with the lips. It looks just like it’s my natural lip color because it stains the lips, but it’s not like a normal, thin “stain” either. It’s more like a thicker stain.

When it loses its creaminess, it still feels smooth though.

This product dries out a bit slow, but once it sets, it DOES. NOT. MOVE. It doesn’t budge, shift or smear. it stays in place and like I said, the color just infuses together with the lips, unlike lipsticks in general.

Product Recommendation

Would you recommend this product to someone else?
Yes
Would you repurchase this product?
Yes
K
3 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply