Beauty Bulletin

Review Detail

4.3 7 0.5
Primers, Illuminators, Setting Sprays February 23, 2012 582
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

I was so excited to try this product because I've been looking for a matte white eyeshadow base for ages and never seemed to find the right one for me. Many people feel its unnecessary to apply a base before eyeshadows, but since I've tried it, it has changed my perspective completely. Before my eyeshadows (even expensive brands) would start fading throughout the day due to your lids getting oily. By applying this eyeshadow base, my eye makeup has literally lasted for 12 hours +! Which is amazing!

The reason why I wanted a matte white base instead of a skintone one was because matte coloured eyeshadows that are popular during summer such as purples, pinks and greens, don't appear intense enough for my liking. What this base does, is that it provides a smooth canvas for the colourful eyeshadows, keeps the eyeshadow on all day, maximises the intensity of the colours.

So if you ever have eyeshadows where you would like the colour or pigmentation to be more intense, try using a matte white base before applying your eyeshadow. It really works and the added benefit is that your eyeshadows won't collect on the fold of skin on your eye lid (creasing).

The product applies really smoothly and blends easily, which is great because you don't want to be tugging or pulling around your eye area, where the skin is delicate. I usually only apply this to the part of the eyelid that I will be applying most of my eyeshadows and leave the "highlight" area clean.

The product comes in a small white pot that is easy to travel with and it has a screw on top.

The price isn't bad if you compare it to how much you would pay for an eye primer at MAC. It retails for around R89.95 and you only need a touch to prime your lids. A small pot should last your easily for 2 years even if you're applying eyeshadows 6 days out of a week.

I've used this product for a few months now and I will definitely purchase it again when I'm done with it.

K
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply