Review Detail

4.0 3 0.5
Mascaras, Eyebrow Pencils June 25, 2014 186
NYX Eyebrow cake powder Dark Brown / Brown
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

Where to start... I am obsessed with my eyebrows and have tried everything under the sun to create the perfect eyebrow - which i am not blessed with I can assure you, hence my obsession!

I purchased this as a layover until I got my hands on The Clarins brow kit, and it seems pretty reasonable for R110. It comes with 2 mini brush applicators, 1 being a spoolie, the other a stiff angled brush for precision application, 2 shades of brow powder, a very dark brown, and a shade lighter, and a round pot of wax to hold powder in place.

Firstly, The applicators are to small, rendering them pretty useless, the spoolie was okay-ish.

Secondly, the wax, oh the wax... Yes it did hold the powder in place, but it also made my eyebrows so shiny EVEN WITH THE POWDER ON, it looks like i took a tub of vaseline and smeared 2 thick caterpillar where my eyebrows are meant to be!

The powder in itself is pretty average. has a nice texture and does a good job when I use my Angela Wall Honey Healer as a wax substitute to make the wear last longer.

That being said, the powder should last me some time, but I definitely wont purchase it again!
SC
Top 50 Reviewer 280 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

1 results - showing 1 - 1
Ordering
June 25, 2014
I have a wet n wild eye brow set, but I'm not sure how to use it, esp the wax part, do I use the wax first and then the powder or the other way round?
R
RoseAngel
1 results - showing 1 - 1

Leave a Reply