2.7 1 0.5
Moisturizers,Day Creams, Night Creams June 30, 2015 215
THIS NIGHT CREAM FEELS GOOD BUT DOESN'T DELIVER
(Updated: July 01, 2015)
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

I hadn't heard of Noreva - a cost effective, no-frills French brand that recently arrived in SA - until I was asked to trial two of the brand's sensitive skin-friendly products: Aquareva 24-hour light moisturising cream; and this one. In France, every girl grows up using 'pharmacy brands' that are stocked at just about every corner chemist - could this have something to do with their reputation for perfectly groomed and flawless skin?
Ultra sensitive skin has made me wary of adding new products to my repertoire, and I admit I usually forgo night cream altogether, or simply smooth on a little serum or extra virgin coconut oil when my skin is looking dull or feeling particularly parched, so getting into the habit of applying this product regularly before bedtime was not easy.
The verdict?
The rich yet non-greasy cream feels soft and nourishing on the skin, but I haven't noticed a positive difference in the overall condition of my complexion since using it. It's not particularly easily absorbed, and the scent is a little cloying. The fancy title and impressive ingredient might promise a lot, but it hasn't delivered much, aside from a minor breakout here and there. That said, I've become a huge devotee of the Noreva Aquareva 24-hour moisturiser product I trialled, but this particular product just isn't for me.
BK
Top 1000 Reviewer 12 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply