fbpx

Beauty Bulletin

Review Detail

4.6 16 0.5
image.jpg
Body Moisturizers September 24, 2013 645
Nivea- In-Shower Body Moisturiser Skin Conditioner- Dry Skin
I am an avid Nivea supporter and absolutely adore anything they come up with, until I used their new in-shower body moisturiser.

I was all out to purchase this new craze product but opted to take and use the sample given out at Dischem first before I committed to a full sized version. Luckily for me I chose this option as I didn’t really like this new trend shower/body/moisturiser product.

I tried the variant for very dry skin which matches my normal Nivea body moisturiser. (Dark Blue ?). This in-shower moisturiser helps to create silky soft skin with its added Almond Oil. This product in essence is a body moisturiser/lotion that you use in the shower after cleansing your body. It is applied onto your entire body then rinsed off. There is no need to apply additional body lotion once you step out the shower.

Nivea says that “The formula is quickly absorbed by wet skin” leaving you with a silky soft feeling right after the shower or bath. They even have 4 easy steps on how to use their product.

1. Use your normal shower product and rinse off
2. Apply the Nivea in-Shower moisturiser whilst still in the shower.
3. Rinse off.
4. Dry yourself, get dressed and go.

Although a very novel product I didn’t enjoy using it. Whilst applying after rinsing my body wash off, I felt it to slip off my body and not penetrate my skin. Once I rinsed the in-shower body moisturiser off, my skin did feel soothes and softened but was also very oily. It felt as though I had a film or layer of something over me which I personally feel very uncomfortable.

I thought this feeling would last through the day but was gone once I had dried off my body. About an hour after I’d dressed, I felt dry and itchy. It felt as though my skin was scaly and in need of moisture. I didn’t feel the immense moisturisation that this in-shower moisturiser claims to deliver and instead found myself rummaging through my handbag and car looking for “proper- conventional” lotion instead.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply