Review Detail

4.7 11 0.5
Treatments, Masks July 24, 2013 639
Nioxin Hair Treatment System 5-Week 1-2
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

Shampoo/Cleanser: After having washed my hair four times, with this product in a space of two weeks, I found the following. The shampoo/cleanser seems heavier than the conditioner/revitaliser. I have raved about this before, the lovely product scent which leans towards a minty smell. At first the product seem to make my hair feel and seem dry. One thing the shampoo does do, is strip my hair and scalp of all excess products and oils, this is excellent since I’m always using hair food/moisturisers and hair spray to hold my hairstyles in place. Because I make use of so much hair products I think this adds to my hair issue of having slight dandruff flakes as a result of product build-up.

Conditioner/Revitalilzer: The Nioxin System 5 Conditioner, seems very lighter than the Shampoo does, I don’t know if the case with Nioxin Systems 1-4 or 6, but I find this to be the result of System 6. This worried me, because since my hair turned out stripped of all oils and products, I felt a good conditioner would be required in order to treat my hair in the sense and put all the necessary oils, and good things back into my hair and scalp to rebuild my hair. I ended up covering my head of hair, but quite a hefty amount of conditioner each time I was done shampooing it.

Scalp Treatment Spray: Using this spray the first time felt weird. As instructed I sprayed the scalp Treatment Spray on my scalp, after having washed and conditioned my hair. Almost immediately I could feel a tingling sensation and I thought I had done something wrong. After having done this twice, I sort of got used to it and left the treatment spray on my scalp for absorption purposes. The scalp treatment spray includes peppermint oil, to encourage growth and thickness, which I found delightful, since I am suffering from hair breakage to a result where I have almost completely given up on using hair products to correct this issue.

However, I do feel the products takes some time of getting used to, and it’s not for the impatient user who want to see immediate results. As with all good things, the main ingredient is Time. ;-)
Just grateful to have received this generous size Treatment pack.
I will continue using the products for the next 2-3 weeks and Ill post pictures as I go along. Results should start to show soon!! Excited ;-)
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply