4.4 32 0.5
NHB-Water-Gel-400x400.jpg
Moisturizers,Day Creams, Night Creams November 01, 2016 818
Neutrogena® Hydro Boost Water Gel
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

For the most part, this silky gel cream moisturizer really does deliver on its promise of hydration and kicks butt as a make-up primer. Hydro Boost hydrates skin through an approach of replenishing water and rebuilding skin's barrier, leveraging two key ingredients:

• Purified Hyaluronic Acid- Naturally found in skin, it delivers pure boost of hydration. It acts like a sponge for dry skin cells, absorbing up to 1000 times its weight in water and progressively releases water back into skin, keeping skin hydrated and supple throughout the day.
• Olive Extract- Known for its protective, moisturizing and anti-oxidant qualities, it is a complex combination for fatty acids, which is similar to skin's natural moisture shield. It integrates into skin barrier, forming a structure that protects skin from excessive moisture loss. It also helps leave skin feeling soft and smooth without tackiness.

However, hydration is pretty much all it offers. Being in my late 20’s I require a moisturizer that offers more than basic hydration. I was also unhappy to learn that the jar packaging presents hygiene issues and is a contributing factor to the potency and efficacy of the ingredients as time goes by. This means that the ingredients become less and less effective the more the formula is exposed to air. So despite the soothing texture and moisture-boosting promises, this is a moisturizer is better suited to younger skin types or used in conjunction with another skin care system that can multitask. Not for me.

At best, I enjoyed mixing it with foundation and bb cream for extra oomph in my make up routine.

Product Recommendation

Would you recommend this product to someone else?
No
Would you repurchase this product?
No
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply