Review Detail

4.5 23 0.5
Acne and Blemish Creams August 30, 2013 4645
Generic of Roaccutane
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

I suffered from severe acne for many years due to hormonal imbalances. Taking the pill from a young age purely for skin purposes and years of antibiotics which come with their own side effects. These treatments worked initially and then my body became immune. I was prescribed a 6 month dosage of Oratane which is the generic of Roaccutane from my GP. Oratane is covered by most medical aids and comes at a much lesser price than the non-generic. I saw results after 3 weeks. The side affects vary from person to person. Your skin will definitely be very dry and thin so stay out of the sun as much as possible to avoid any permanent skin damage. Wear sunscreen, hats and light clothing to cover your skin if sun exposure is unavoidable. My eyes became extremely photosensitive. Sunglasses are mandatory for me even on overcast days. Even years later after being off the medication. I went on 2x 6 month courses of Oratane. Check ups with your GP or Dermatologist are critical in order to evaluate your blood work as side effects are inevitable.
My skin cleared up really nicely and I used other topical creams for scars.
I still have breakouts but none as bad as before Oratane.
I wouldn't take this medication again as I wouldn't want to expose myself to potential side effects. However it gave me back my confidence in terms of how I felt about my skin.
N
3 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 7 0

Comments

Leave a Reply