Review Detail

4.3 2 0.5
Styling Tools May 06, 2013 260
Loveeeeee
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

I purchased the hot pink cheetah flat iron for R1800. I believe R1800 is the price for a GHD and Cloud Nine to compare. R1800 seems to be the normal retail price in South Africa, however, the website retail price is $120 (about R1080) a huge difference. That does not include the lifetime warranty price (I was told if your flat iron breaks, they will send you another free of charge - flat irons for life??). Before this I was using a Cloud Nine (made by GHD people) and before that I was using a FHI. I thought the FHI was average, the Cloud Nine I was amazed by and this MICA I am WORSHIPPING! Hahaha seriously though, I have put my Cloud Nine back in the box and my FHI (which randomly broke) away in storage. The only negative thing I can say about this iron is it's rather hefty? Not so much that my arm gets tired but it's rather strange. The packaging is nice, the pink cheetah is amazing and so is my hair afterwards. This leaves my hair soft, straightening out difficult to manage ends in a style that holds. I have stopped using heat products on my hair and have noticed no damage. The plates have rounded ends so it's great for curling your hair as well. I highly recommend this product, treat yourself!
Owner's reply May 06, 2013

I should also mention that these flat irons come in many different colours (not just what is listed in the description). Try hot pink cheetah, giraffe, snake, or zebra.

Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

3 results - showing 1 - 3
Ordering
April 02, 2014
I need a mica straightener please I am trying to find where is your salon in gauteng
R
razia
May 26, 2014
Loving my mica flat iron I've had better results than the ghd
D
deddi
September 05, 2015
Who do I contact my pink Mica iron plate cracked - I bought mine @ Clear Water Mall on the West Rand - an amazing product that I cannot be without better than any straightener please let me know as soon as possible:)
J
Jen1970
3 results - showing 1 - 3

Leave a Reply