Review Detail

4.2 3 0.5
Mascaras, Eyebrow Pencils October 12, 2010 233
Maybelline The Falsies Mascara
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

I bought this product in Black for R100 at Edgars. The mascara comes with a curved "spoon brush" which has conventional bristles. One side of the brush is big like Maybellines Colossal Volum' and the other side has much shorter bristles. The formula is creamy in texture and not too wet. The instructions say to use the spoon shaped side of the brush against your lashes to apply the product and the bigger side to comb and separate the lashes.

This mascara gives me a lot of volume and length without feeling heavy and weighing down my lashes. The brush really fans out the lashes giving a feathers look. With one coat I get great volume but two coats can start to clump a little as the fibres in the formula build up further increasing the volume. I also find that too many coats can cause flaking towards the end of the day but its not very noticeable. Its also does not give as much definition as Max Factor's False Lash Effect mascara but definitely wins on volume and length.

My lashes look amazing with this mascara on. Its really the best mascara I have tried. The only thing that bothers me is the magazine advertisement for this mascara. The model is wearing false eyelashes, they even say so in the small print. How does that promote the product if its meant to replace/negate the need for false eyelashes?
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply