4.1 7 0.5
Lipsticks November 18, 2013 1314
Maybelline Super Stay Powergloss
(Updated: July 02, 2015)
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

I received three of these glosses as a prize in a Facebook competition. The colours I received were Golden pink, Chestnut glow and Blackberry glaze. Oddly enough the names of the colours are only on the packaging that you remove to open the gloss so now they don’t have any names on them. I have seen this product retailing in stores for around R120. The colour section has a doe-foot applicator and the coloured liquid is thin and a bit sheerer than it appears in the bottle. It takes 2 minutes for the colour to dry completely before you can apply the gloss. The gloss is clear, thick and slightly sticky. It is very shiny and has that wet glossy look. This gloss lived up to my expectations with the colour lasting almost all day although you have to reapply the gloss after eating. One more thing I must mention is that the colour does not come off easily, it is definitely waterproof but can be removed with makeup remover made for removing waterproof makeup. I recommend being very careful when applying the colour as mistakes will be hard to fix when dry. Also this product can be drying on the lips so I wouldn’t wear it for more than a few days consecutively.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply