Beauty Bulletin

Review Detail

4.3 3 0.5
EyeLiners July 12, 2012 191
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

So the good news: Maybelline’s claim that this eyeliner lasts for 16 hours is completely true. I applied a line on my top and bottom lash lines one morning before work (at 6.30am), returning home at 10pm at night and the lines had not budged a millimetre, all without any touch ups during the day. There was even a time I burst into tears (no need to be concerned, it was a good surprise) and the liner did not smudge. Added to this the creamy crayon tip allows it to glide on easily, no pulling or stretching of the lid required. It’s also very easy to adjust and precisely apply either a thick or thin line depending on whether you are going for a subtle or dramatic look, with the colour a deeply pigmented black, not grey or dark blue like some other “black” liners I’ve used. However if you want to smudge the line, best you do it immediately after applying because once the liner sets you will not be able to.

Then the bad news: Maybelline’s claim that this eyeliner lasts for 16 hours is completely true. Yes, the biggest selling point of this eyeliner is in my opinion also a disadvantage. It took me an age to remove it from my lids with eye makeup remover and there were still traces left after I showered giving me slight raccoon eyes. The tip blunts really quickly because it’s so soft, so sharpening is something you will have to do often but gently - and it can be sharpened despite the plastic looking exterior.

I received this eyeliner in ultra black, but it’s available in grey for those with lighter skin tones if the black proves too dark.

Overall I’d recommend this as a good buy, as long as you remember to use a good eye makeup remover after use.

Available at most stores for R99.95
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply