Review Detail

4.7 2 0.5
BB Creams September 09, 2015 551
The Maybelline "Dream BB Cream"
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

I recently went to Clicks and was looking for a lightweight foundation for summer, when I came across this little beauty! It’s the Maybelline New Dream Pure BB 8-in-1 BB Cream in Medium Deep, so it’s actually a Beauty Balm. I've never really tried any other BB cream before as I thought that BB creams wouldn't give me as much coverage as a foundation would. I was also a bit skeptical to try BB creams as it normally has moisturising properties and I have oily skin, so I thought it wouldn’t work well for me. It was priced reasonably, so I gave it a go.

What enticed me to buy it?
Well, this BB cream is specifically made for oily skin (which I have) and has 2% Salicylic Acid to combat my acne-prone skin. It also has a built in SPF 15 in the BB cream which is an added bonus, as I will definitely be needing this for summer.

The Results:
The formulation consistency is between a liquid and a gel base that is very lightweight once applied to the skin. I think this is good as it’s also build-able. I like the fact that this BB cream doesn’t feel heavy on my skin and it actual feels like I only have moisturiser on, which is a plus. Its claims to be an 8-in-1 BB cream and it definitely does help me with concealing my imperfections, it’s non-greasy, hydrates and smooths my skin, gives me an even skin tone, protects my skin in the sun and most importantly a “natural look” which I am all for. The Maybelline BB Cream was such a good buy.

Product Recommendation

Would you recommend this product to someone else?
Yes
Would you repurchase this product?
Yes
PC
Top 500 Reviewer 13 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply