Review Detail

3.0 1 0.5
Nail Polishes November 23, 2011 119
Pretty Pastel Shade
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

The whole conctept of Mavala nail polish is that the consumer can have more shades of smaller bottles in order to try as many colours as possible without having to commit to a big bottle of polish that most people never finish and the polish ends up drying out. So they have come out with a big range of colours in bottle of only 5ml which is only a third of the amount of a regular bottle. As a result you can use it up quicker and buy more colours. It is all good until it comes down to the price you end up paying. If you add it up it comes up to R150 for the regular amount of 15ml. In my opinion it is ridiculously expensive. However, it is more worth buying when they go on sale which happends often at Dischem.

Poetic is part of their pastel collection. It is a very light pink with just a little pit of pearly shimmer. I personally found the polish quite streaky but I could achieve full opacity with 3 coats. I really dislike their brush it is a bit too thick so it leaves more streaks. The polish itselft dries fairly quickly and doesn't bubble at all which is a huge plus for me! I hate doing a perfect mani just to discover bubbles coming to the surface as the polish dries an hour later.

Overall my verdict is that it is very much hit and miss. Some colours are vibrant and opaque while lighter colours are a lot harder to work with.

I would definitly recommend to check this brand on sale since it does offer some interesting colours to play with.

Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply