4.1 53 0.5
Foundations March 06, 2013 869
Definitely do a test first
(Updated: May 30, 2018)
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

This was actually my first ever foundation, and I used it for a good few years too, not really knowing any better. It really is an excellent foundation, with great coverage and lasts for ages!

I have found that the formula oxidizes quite a bit, and for some reason the MAC consultants still don't seem to take this into consideration! So my biggest tip - get a tester first! Check that the shade works in natural light as it looks very different when you put it on at the counter. Because it oxidizes, it's super important that you test how it wears on your face for a few hours first.

I still use this foundation every so often, though not quite like I used to. I feel like the coverage is a bit too heavy for me, and it transfers quite a bit. Now I mix it in with my daily foundation to amp up the coverage instead, or use it on it's own (with a deep moisturiser and primer) only when I want a really flawless made up look.

I have read that it makes others oily, but for me it seemed to actually dry my skin out. My skin has of course changed over the years and have found other foundations that suit me better so probably won't repurchase in a hurry.

I'd still recommend it to anyone looking for a good quality full coverage foundation instead of a natural one. Just make sure you get a sample/tester first!!

Product Recommendation

Would you recommend this product to someone else?
Yes
Would you repurchase this product?
No
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply