Review Detail

4.3 15 0.5
Powders April 13, 2012 507
NEW MAC MINERALIZE SKINFINISH NATURAL COMPACT
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

The repackaged MAC mineralize skin finish natural was finally launched today in Mzansi,
After almost two months of calling, (some If people may call it harassing) searching and researching I got the call at 5.36pm exactly from the manager of the MAC in Melrose Arch to say the skinfinish naturals that had been out of stock had arrived. She told me she’d keep it aside for me. But I couldn’t wait, I called the Sandton City FFS and asked if they had received the new shades and they confirmed they had. As soon as my husband got home, I asked him to get them for me and while he was cold and starving, he obliged and got them.
I use the MSFN in medium dark and while it works great, I was dying to try the new shade in Medium Tan because I do have a yellow undertone and wanted to give the new shade a shot.
Here’s the old packaging and the MSFN in Medium Dark. Black pan with a clear plastic ring on the lid so the product is visible.

The new packaging . . . The box it comes in is half matt and half glossy. That’s fab . . . the product packing got me amped! It looks sleek. The cover is a matte black with the MAC logo at the front. It has a magnetic open and close system and a mirror. The bottom half is a shinier plastic.
Now for the product.
Both shades were almost identical with the Medium Dark looking slightly lighter than Tan medium. While MAC says they only changed the packaging, there is definitely a difference in the formula.
The old MSF is not as finely milled as the new one. Both swatched smooth and easy, but there was more coverage and better pigmentation in the new product and the glitter was subtler.

Overall, I love the shade and the relaunched product. I think MAC gave their MSFNs a makeover and a little TLC because judging by products popularity, it definitely take care of MAC.

Product Recommendation

Would you recommend this product to someone else?
Yes
Would you repurchase this product?
Yes
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

1 results - showing 1 - 1
Ordering
July 14, 2014
Mac skinfinish I just luv it it looks so good in my skin & keeps me dry all day long!!
BB
bianca b.k
1 results - showing 1 - 1

Leave a Reply