Review Detail

4.6 7 0.5
Scrubs, Exfoliators, Peels July 16, 2014 476
#Lush - Mint Julips Lip Scrub
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

Lip scrubs are amazing! Due to the trend of matte lipsticks, everyone wants plump, smooth lips. THIS IS YOUR SOLUTION!

This was the first ever lip scrub that I tried.

All the Lush lip scrubs are R105 and available at Lush stores in SA. One lip scrub costs R105. The price tag is quite heavy, I must admit. However, I feel that due to Lush using only the finest of fresh natural ingredients and the fact that it is handmade, my body is safe from any chemicals.

Another thing which I really love, is the sticker at the bottom of the tiny jar that tells you when the lip scrub was made. It also has a personal touch and tells you by whom the product was made. This is sticker is standard for all Lush products that come in tubs.

The ingredients in this lip scrub according to the bottle are: caster sugar, Limonene, peppermint oil, vanilla extract and Tagetes oil.

Caster sugar is the main exfoliating agent in the lip scrub. The compounds naturally present in the Tagetes oil have been shown to act as antimicrobial and antifungal agents. The peppermint oil really plumps up my lips so wonderfully! I scoop out a small amount on my index finger and rub it on my dry lips. I do not wet my fingertips or lips when I use the scrub because it dissolves the sugar.

After scrubbing, my lips feel so heavenly, supple and pink!

The taste is my FAVOURITE. Lush describes it as: "a lip-smacking cocktail". I find it so chocolatey and minty. I just lick it off my lips after I scrub them, thats how delicious it is!!

The small bottle is a 25g bottle and it lasts me for six months and I scrub my lips three times a week.

Hope you found this helpful!

Product Recommendation

Would you recommend this product to someone else?
Yes
Would you repurchase this product?
Yes
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply