4.4 29 0.5
Eye Creams,Serums August 17, 2015 1316
My final review of Lancôme's Advanced Génifique serum
(Updated: September 28, 2015)
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

It's been just under 4 weeks since I started my journey with Lancôme's Advanced Génifique serum. I've had very mixed feelings about the product so I made this little table...

What worked for me

The packaging is unique and extremely clever, not to mention beautiful!

I love the clever dispensing system with the right amount loading into the dropper when you close the lid so that the next time you open it, it's all ready and waiting for you.

My skin is definitely smoother and has a new clarity and radiance.

The challenges

The skin around my eyes reacted to the serum so I had to stop using it there, which is a pity as I really need some work on that area!?

There is no "miracle" - I still have spots and marks and wrinkles!

I do not see a major difference in my skin and don't feel that the brand promise has been kept.

It is not cheap!

I'm about 2 thirds of the way through the bottle, which means I've still got at least another 2 weeks, maybe even another 4.

Here's the pics of me from the end of August until now. I do think that there is a difference and I have had a couple of people say that my skin is looking a lot better. I do like the smoothness but a miracle would have been nice!

Overall, I think the pros outweigh the cons but the biggest factor in my decision to buy this product again is simply the price! R780 is a lot to pay for a serum. I find it hard to justify the amount of money given the benefit received from it - in other words, if it really was a miracle worker I'd find it to be pretty cheap!

The trial has been a good introduction into the world of Lancôme, however, as I've never used their products before. I'd definitely be interested in exploring their product range further. I'd certainly love to try the eye serum in the same range - would be wonderful if it had the same softening and tightening effect on my under-eye area.

My thanks to Lancôme South Africa and the #awesome Beauty Bulletin for giving me the chance to try out this fab product. I'll pop back in when I come to the end of the product and let you know what the results are.

And don't forget to visit the Lancôme pop-up shop to check out their products.

Product Recommendation

Would you recommend this product to someone else?
Yes
Would you repurchase this product?
No
Lancôme Advanced Génifique - video review
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

1 results - showing 1 - 1
Ordering
September 30, 2015
I wanted to follow up with a really cool thing that came out of my video interviews - my colleague was inspired to write an blog post on the #LoveYourAge subject - check it out here... https://lookatthebrightsideblog.wordpress.com/2015/09/28/something-about-thirtysomething/

M
margsc
1 results - showing 1 - 1

Leave a Reply