Review Detail

4.7 233 0.5
Concealers December 01, 2011 2249
LA Girl Pro HD Concealer
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

People rave and rave about this product, and with perfectly good reasons... At just under R 50, this product is extremely cheap and good value for money. One of my favourite beauty vloggers Shaaanxo swears by it. However, it just didn't really work for me.

The colour range is the main source of my disappointment. The lightest shade of LA Girl Pro HD Concealer available in SA is the very peachy Classic Ivory. WHY do South African retailers think all pale people are either extremely pink or extremely orange??

The peachy shade means it works well at neutralising my dark circles, but I can't use it anywhere else on my face to conceal redness or blemishes because it just doesn't match. Because the lightest shade is darker than my skin tone, I can't use this concealer range to contour which gives me serious FOMO. If Dis-Chem brought in the shades Porcelain and Light Ivory, I might be able to join in on the fun...

My second gripe is that this concealer shifts and creases under my eyes, even if I set it with powder. I have dry skin, so liquid products usually have great lasting power on my skin. But not this one...

This is probably the best 'drugstore' concealer on offer in South Africa, unless they decide to bring Maybelline FIT ME back. When my tube of LA Girl is finished, I'm rather going to splurge on something that actually has some lasting power and matches my skin tone.

Product Recommendation

Would you recommend this product to someone else?
No
Would you repurchase this product?
No
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

1 results - showing 1 - 1
Ordering
October 05, 2015
I bought myself this concealer this wknd after seeing ao many good reviews about it and I must say it really does do a giid job and its really affordable.great value for money!
S
Sarahtorr
1 results - showing 1 - 1

Leave a Reply