4.5 43 0.5
Anti-Ageing Creams July 27, 2016 1564
REPORT BACK: L’OREAL REVITALIFT FILLER RENEW RANGE REVIEW #TheTruthAboutAgeing
(Updated: September 07, 2016)
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

I’ve been using the L’Oreal Revitalift Filler Renew range for a month now, and am very impressed with how my skin looks and feels.
To briefly recap; the range contains the highest concentration of Hyaluronic Acid formulated into a cream by L’Oreal. The products are also enriched with Fibroxyl plant extract, renowned for its firming properties. Inspiration for the range comes from analyzing how hyaluronic Acid injectable fillers work to plump lines and wrinkles in the skin. L’Oreal then sough to replicate this action in the Revitalift Filler Renew Range.

Below are the four products I tried from the range and my true feelings on each:
Revitalift Filler Renew Hyaluronic Replumping Serum (R284.95).
I’ve tried this serum about a year ago and really liked it, so was keen to really put it through its paces for a month. It was only after doing some research on how exactly to apply the product that I realized I’d been doing incorrectly! To get the best results, you really should follow the application method HERE
In general, serums contain higher concentration of active ingredients and, because their molecules are smaller, are able to really penetrate into the skin. Aside from the super cool packaging (it resembles an injectable), I enjoyed the lightweight, almost watery texture of this serum that absorbed within a few seconds. On application, the serum has a slight fragrance but it disappears within a minute.

Revitalift Filler Renew Filler Precision Eye Cream R284.95
This is definitely one of my favourite eye creams. I love the metal tip applicator that immediately cools and refreshes the under eye area. If I’m to be totally honest, I don’t use an eye cream daily, but I committed to trying this every morning and evening for the duration of the campaign (4 weeks) and have to admit – my eye area looks a LOT better. Dark rings are certainly diminished and my under eye bags (especially visible when I wake up in the mornings) are a lot less pronounced. My eye area feels wonderfully hydrated after using this, making applying my heavy-duty concealer that is quite thick (Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer), so much easier.

Revitalift Filler Renew Anti-Ageing Day Replumping Care R284.95
Aside from the fact that this day cream hydrated my skin, I noticed that immediately after application, it seemed to almost mattify my skin slightly. I read reviews of this particular product before using it, and noted that a few women said they found the product left a film on their skin, or they need to allow it to absorb before applying make-up. This was NOT the case with me. I found this cream absorbed really quickly (and I have normal/combo skin) and acted as a brilliant base for make-up. The cream does have quite a strong scent (that I really like), but if you’re one that doesn’t enjoy fragrance in your face creams, do be aware of this. As I mentioned in my previous post, there is no SPF in this cream, but it does contain Titanium Dioxide – so there is some protection built in to the formula. However, I’d recommend you apply some additional protection after – like a foundation with an SPF.

Revitalift Filler Renew Anti-Ageing Night Replumping Care R284.95
Even though this nighttime moisturiser is quite heavily fragranced and has colour (I don’t have an issue with either - but if your skin is very sensitive you need to consider this), it’s my favourite product from the range. I enjoy a really rich, comforting and nourishing night cream and this one ticks all my boxes. My skin feels immediately hydrated after using it, but leaves no greasy film.

I was also lucky enough to interview top dermatologist Dr Sian Hartshorne.

Q: What lifestyle changes can one make that will assist in counteracting volume loss in the face?
“Exercise that strengthens the neck and facial muscles such as Pilates and Yoga are recommended. These help keep the tone in muscles. Including a Collagen supplement is also advised, because it assists in collagen and elastin production - thus boosting the skin’s natural hyaluronic acid reserves.”

Q: Can you describe some of the typical signs of volume loss in the face and where it's most likely to happen?
“One of the first signs is a more noticeable square shape to the face. This happens due to of the loss of volume in the upper cheeks, and a movement of facial pads into the lower jaw areas. In some cases, vertical lines along the cheeks - commonly known as “jowls” become visible.”

Q: At what age can we expect to see volume loss in the face?
“This can start at any age from 40 years + However, some people have great genes and the real signs of aging only become evident from 60 years. Unfortunately, for women, menopause seems to accelerate the volume loss process as levels of oestrogen decrease.

It has been noted that those who suffered with severe acne as teenagers seem to have very early volume loss, and may look older even at a fairly young age. This is thought to perhaps be due to the damage created by the inflammation of the acne to the structures such as collagen and elastin fibres.”

Q: I've been using the L'Oreal Revitalift Filler Renew range of products for about 3 weeks now. The key ingredient in the day cream, night cream, serum and eye cream is Hyaluronic acid. But, applied topically can Hyaluronic acid REALLY penetrate the skin (it’s a large molecule) and make a difference to volume loss?
“If you look at all the research, the regular HA molecule is too big to penetrate the skin. However, L’Oreal have made the molecule smaller so it is able to penetrate into the skin, absorbing water and literally plumping it up. However, if the molecule is too small, it may create irritation and inflammation. All the products produced in the L’Oreal Revitalift Filler Renew range have been thoroughly researched and contain the correct size molecule; perfect for penetration that yields results. So yes, it can make a difference.”

Q: What is your top recommended non-surgical treatment for volume loss and why?
“For immediate effect injectable fillers (that contain hyaluronic acid) can make a real difference for areas where volume loss is of concern. The key is using small amounts, and making sure your doctor / aesthetician has had the correct training and experience.
Overuse of dermal fillers creates poor balance and strange looking features. Depending on the area being injected - and the desired effect wanted - the choice of filler is very important.
I also recommend treatments like Glycolic Acid Peels, laser and micro-needling to my clients who have fillers as these awaken fibroblast cells in the dermis of the skin, making them produce collagen, elastin and hyaluronic acid.”

To conclude this post, I’d say that the L’Oreal Revitalift Filler Renew Range is suitable for all women 35+ concerned with the signs of ageing. Now, while lines and wrinkles are generally a concern for women in this age group, there is a growing amount of women who say that sagging skin and a lack of fullness is actually their top concern – I know I fall into this group. This type of ageing is due to the gradual deterioration of tissues under the skin and the slowing of the skin’s youthful mechanisms.

If you have any of the signs below, the range would be appropriate for you:

- This skin does not hold moisture well.
- Skin is more marked when you wake (pillow lines).
- Deepening of dark under eye circles.
- Appearance of vertical wrinkles in dark circles.
- Hollowing of cheeks making the cheekbones appear less prominent and cheeks less rounded and plump.
- Cheeks seem a few millimetres lower.
- Accentuation of ‘laugh lines’.
- Appearance of a marionette line from the corner of the mouth descending to the chin.
- Loss of skin tone – thinning of the face.

Product Recommendation

Would you recommend this product to someone else?
Yes
Would you repurchase this product?
Yes
C
4 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

4 results - showing 1 - 4
Ordering
September 07, 2016
I enjoyed reading your review .Very informative ,thank you ?
M
mia-shaik
September 07, 2016
In reply to an earlier comment

Thanks Sumaya, glad you enjoyed the review. It is a fantastic, budget friendly anti-ageing option.
C
CandiceKannemeyer
September 13, 2016
Your awesome before and after photos speak volumes!!!!!
AD
A Daft Scots Lass
September 13, 2016
In reply to an earlier comment

Thanks Gillian. Tried to take them at the same time of day in the same location. I really do rate this range, especially for women over 35 years.
C
CandiceKannemeyer
4 results - showing 1 - 4

Leave a Reply