Review Detail

4.5 43 0.5
Anti-Ageing Creams July 27, 2016 1572
My strategy for plumper, younger looking skin
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

When I was approached to participate in the #TheTruthAboutAgeing campaign, giving me the opportunity to try all the hyaluron-stimulating products within the L’Oreal Paris Revitalift Filler Renew range, I jumped at the chance. The products contain the highest concentration of hyaluronic acid ever used by L’Oreal Paris, and are said to plump up your skin with moisture for fuller contours, more volume and reduced wrinkles. I’ve slowly been putting them to the test over the past week and I’ll continue to do so for the next four weeks, reporting back at the end of my trial (with before and after photographs). For today though, I wanted to tell you a bit more about each of the products within the range, along with my first impressions.

The star product – and the one that made the biggest first impression on me – is the L’Oreal Paris Revitalift Filler Renew Hyaluronic Replumping Serum. Don’t be fooled: although this little superstar may look like a dermatological filler or injectable – and it does pretty much the same thing – it’s a completely non-invasive way to replump your wrinkles and define contours. But how exactly does it work? Hyaluronic acid can be found naturally in almost every cell in the body, with the highest concentration found in the skin’s tissue. It provides your skin with much-needed moisture by binding with up to 1000 times it’s weight in water, leaving your skin looking soft, smooth and plump. The problem lies in the fact that your skin’s ability to manufacture hyaluronic acid naturally decreases as you age, which explains why young skins appear so much fuller and plumper that more mature skins. Many women opt for injectable fillers at this point (when your dermatologist injects pure hyaluronic acid into specific areas on your face for added volume), but that’s where the Revitalift Filler Renew Hyaluronic Replumping Serum comes in: it contains 10 times the concentration of hyaluronic acid than any other L’Oreal Paris day cream, and it’s said to leave your skin looking fuller and ‘replumped’ in just four weeks. If these products really work, there’s no reason to opt for fillers anymore!

I’ve been using the serum for about a week now, and I’m not joking when I say that the results are almost immediate. I used the serum for the first time on Monday evening, and when I woke up on Tuesday morning, my skin already felt a lot more moisturised and more ‘bouncy’, if that makes sense. I’m looking forward to reporting back on these results in four week’s time, because it’s just one week in and I’m already impressed.

(On another note, I simply must chat about the innovative packaging, which not only resembles an injectable, but also serves to protect the active ingredients from air and light to ensure that the hyaluronic acid remains in its purest form. The applicator also delivers just the right amount of product – I find that two or three ‘clicks’ are more than enough for each use).

I’ve also been using the L’Oreal Paris Revitalift Filler Renew Anti-Ageing Day Replumping Care, which not only contains the highest concentration of hyaluronic acid formulated by L’Oreal Paris in a cream, but is also enriched with Fibroxyl plant extract. Fibroxyl plant extract is known for it’s firming properties, so the two ingredients together are said to result in a noticeably firmer and plumper skin. I’ve been using this every morning after applying the serum, and I’ve noticed that I only need a small amount with this cream – a little really goes a long way. It absorbs into the skin quite quickly, and it didn’t affect the application of my foundation at all. In fact, it contains dimethicone, which is often found in primers and helps to smooth out your skin, while ensuring that your foundation goes on evenly. It also contains glycerin, which is known for it’s moisturising properties, so this is a fantastic option for drier skin types. Although I noticed that it does contain titanium dioxide, which is known to ‘block’ and reflect UV rays, this day cream doesn’t contain an SPF, so it’s best to apply your usual sunscreen over the top.

In the evenings, I’ve been indulging my skin with L’Oreal Paris Revitalift Filler Renew Anti-ageing Night Replumping Care, which is deliciously rich and nourishing and leaves my skin feeling super-soft and looking so much plumper upon waking the next morning. (As an aside, both the day cream and the night cream are housed in the same jars, so the fact that the day cream is white and the night cream is lavender is an added bonus – makes it so much easier to know which one’s which!) The night cream also contains a high concentration of hyaluronic acid and Fibroxyl plant extract, and works overtime to restore your skin overnight for more ‘cushiony’ skin in the morning. All the products smell absolutely divine, but the night cream in particular smells so soothing – it’s the perfect addition to my bedtime routine.

Last, but not least, is the product that I probably need the most! As a work-from-home-blogging mama, it’s safe to say that I don’t get as much sleep as I should be – and you can tell, just by looking at me. I’ve gone from never using an under eye concealer to not being able to leave the house without one in three short years – that’s the extent of the dark circles under my eyes! But I can live with dark circles – they can be covered up, and they tend to disappear once I’ve caught up on some sleep… Something I can’t seem to get rid of these days (and that’s become more and more noticeable since I turned 30) are the pesky little hollows underneath my eyes. Apparently, the diminishing levels of hyaluronic acid as you age can result in your skin losing it’s fullness, while your wrinkles only get deeper – this certainly explains the sudden onslaught of fine lines around my eyes!

I haven’t been using an eye cream for a good few months now (bad beauty blogger!), so I was very excited to try the L’Oreal Paris Revitalift Filler Renew Filler Precision Eye Cream – and even more so when I saw the packaging. It boasts an innovative double-applicator tip that features of a curved side that perfectly fits under your eye and into the tear trough, along with a flat side to gently massage the eye cream into your skin. The metal tip feels super-soothing on tired eyes, and the cooling effect definitely helps to minimise the appearance of bags – it’s utterly delicious to use! (In fact, I’ve just had to pause to give myself a quick little eye massage while writing this!) If you, like me, couldn’t be bothered to faff with eye creams, you might want to try this one – the eye massage is so divine, you can’t help but use it at least twice daily.

Now to wrap this up with a nice, neat bow: I’m just one week into using these products, and I’ve enjoyed using them so far. I’ve definitely noticed that my skin appears to be more hydrated (despite drinking copious cups of coffee and not drinking enough water), and it feels ‘bouncier’ – I have no other way to describe it! I’m really looking forward to continuing using these products over the next month, and to report back on the results. I’ve taken before photographs and I’ll take some after photographs at the end of the four week period – that way, the results will speak for themselves!

Product Recommendation

Would you recommend this product to someone else?
Yes
Would you repurchase this product?
Yes
CS
1 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply