4.5 43 0.5
Anti-Ageing Creams July 27, 2016 1545
L'Oreal Paris Revitalift Filler Renew Range Review
(Updated: September 05, 2016)
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

Firstly I must say, I have always though L’Oreal Paris never catered for black Africans, so it was hard for me to even identify with he brand. As I've always believed that the physiology of our skins, compared to that of our non-black sisters, is different, I was a bit wary to even try the product. I mean at my age, I just cannot afford to have anything go wrong with my skin - the renewal process is much slower than it was in my teens.

My main concern was the dry area around my eyes and mouth, obviously from many years of laughing, frowning, screaming, winking, pouting - the lot. I tried to take the best picture of the area around my eyes, to clearly show the dryness that is a huge concern for me.

The packaging of the products is excellent and the Filler Precision eye cream is an even better package with a very unusual applicator. On application, the Hyaluronic serum glides smoothly on the face, but because you never know if you've applied enough, it's very easy to use more than required of the product. The fact that it comes in an easy-to- use dispenser doesn't make it any easier as it doesn't indicate how many drops should be used. So pretty me, I just went with my gut feel.

The Day cream felt absolutely amazing on application - does anyone know if it has an SPF? As much I love the luxurious, velvety feeling of this moisturiser that targets fine lines, wrinkles, etc, I still need assurance that it protects the skin from the sun’s harmful UVA & UVB rays.

The Filler Precision eye cream is a gem, to be quite honest. Out of all the products, this is by far my absolute favourite, especially because of the applicator that allows me to dab and massage my eye area whilst giving it a nice cooling effect. This one is definitely my favourite product of the entire range! In fact, if I had to buy any one product from this range, this would be it.

The night cream also has a nice thick consistency and it felt like my skin was given a treat while I was sleeping. I love the non-greasy texture of the cream which absorbs rather quickly. The next morning after first application, my skin felt plumpish and definitely looked more radiant.

It's been about 2 weeks since I started using this whole set, and I have to say that I am impressed. The only downside for me was, I think 3 days after the moisturiser in the morning, when I tried to apply my make up, it didn't absorb as well as it usually did. It almost looked as if my skin was flaking. But I just used a make-up brush to brush off the flakes (from the product), and everything was back to normal.

I have also since checked the dryness around my eyes and it seems to have regenerated and the dryness looks less pronounced. Besides the fact that my daily facial regime has gone from a quick 5 minutes to at least 15 minutes because of the involved application process, I absolutely love this range and can't wait to report on the end results after 6 weeks.

Well done L’Oreal Paris!! Now, please, how about some SPF on the Day Cream??

After 6 weeks of using the product, well I must say, my skin feels like I've had a mini face lift. The dry areas around my eyes are no more ( I swear). I can now safely say I look much younger than my real age (37) thanks to this super-amazing range. The amazing thing is wherever I go, even without make-up, people are commenting on my youthful appearance. Of course I naturally look young, but this range has done its part, no two ways about it. The entire range has given me a smooth and dewy look of youth, and did I mention how my age seems to have reversed miraculously?? Although I didn't see results immediately, after 6 weeks on the range (and I just finished my day cream this morning), it's well worth the wait. A bit of patience is all it takes.

I for one cannot afford the high-end anti-aging products out there, so it's comforting to know that there's range that's not so hard on the wallet, easily accessible to us. Thank you again LÓreal for this amazing range. You have yet another bestseller!

Product Recommendation

Would you recommend this product to someone else?
Yes
Would you repurchase this product?
Yes
Dry and tired skin arond the eyes...
The awesome Revatlift Fillr Renew Anti Aging Day Cream
Application of the Day Cream
My absolute fav - The Filler Precision eye cream
My skin after first application
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply