4.5 43 0.5
Anti-Ageing Creams July 27, 2016 1512
The Truth About Ageing with L'Oreal
(Updated: September 11, 2016)
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

It's been 2 weeks now since I started using the L’Oréal Paris Revitalift Renew Filler range and as expected, when I received them the packaging did not disappoint. Clearly labelled, so no confusion as to what is what and which goes where - believe me, I mention this because I have had to Google once or twice before.

On opening the boxes, I was impressed by the opaque tubs, a good sign as this means they are conscious of the ingredients and maintaining their integrity. I feel like I'm somehow getting a little carried away here, the serum bottle was beyond fancy and pumped out in small quantities just as one would want. After-all serum is your "precious element" in any skincare routine and one wants to get the maximum usage out of it. The eye cream, also another well thought out tube with a cold steel tip to help cool the eye area and soothe any puffiness. 5 out of 5 on product presentation and packaging - seriously!

Now being an ingredient fanatic, it was important for me to note what the key ingredients were. My heart skipped a beat a hyaluronic acid. If you don't know, hyaluronic acid is found naturally in the body, it is what is responsible for your moisture levels and has the ability to bind water up to 1000 times it's weight. Think from raisin to grape. Now who doesn't want that smooth, supple, plumped up effect on their skin?!

The one thing I wasn't too sure about was fragrance. I am not one that ordinarily appreciates fragrance particularly in my skincare products, and first thing that jumped out at me was the scent. I find that my skin becomes a bit sensitised when fragrance is present, and unfortunately, yes I did have a bit of reaction in terms of a breakout, and I never breakout, yes never. The way around this for me was to then pull back and slowly introduce the fragranced day and night creams separately just to allow my skin to regulate and hopefully get used to it. Seems to have worked as nothing new has popped up since.

As with any skincare regimen, consistency is key! Results are accumulated and noticed over time, so I'm looking forward to the 4-6 week period when something significant will show up.

So initial thoughts, this gets a thumbs up from me.

6 Weeks Later - The Update

If you are serious about your skincare and anti-ageing goals, this is certainly one of those products I would recommend. 6 weeks later, you definitely begin to notice the skin's texture change. My skin was more supple, and one must remember this was tested during the winter time, where skin is more prone to dryness and sensitivity. I can only presume the results get even better over time, I continue to sing about consistency being the only true way to reap the benefits of complete skincare regime. This range gets two thumbs up from me now. Still no make needed for me as I am comfortable in my own skin!

Product Recommendation

Would you recommend this product to someone else?
Yes
Would you repurchase this product?
Yes
20160818.jpg
20160908.jpg
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply