4.5 43 0.5
Anti-Ageing Creams July 27, 2016 1547
L'Oreal Revitalift Filler Renew. #TruthAboutAging
(Updated: September 07, 2016)
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

I turned 40 in January and there have been a few very nigly issues to deal with regarding my aging skin. It seemed that all the products I was trying just were not living up to their expectations. That seems to have changed now.

I was lucky enough to be chosen to be a part of the L'Oreal #TruthAboutAging review club for Beauty Bulletin and was very excited to receive 4 full sized products to review and give feedback on.

I was pretty nervous about doing the review because one of the requirements was that you wear no makeup while filming or taking images. Anybody that knows me, knows that I can't bear to show my face without even just a little CC cream to smooth over the surface and hide some of the nasty lines of aging so it was really challenging for me to start this review without some trepidation, that plus my video making skills are seriously lacking.

I was really excited when I didn't just receive sample sizes but 4 full sized items which is amazing because it will really let me test it properly. I have received samples in the past and not been able to give a good review because there simply wasn't enough product to go around. Beauty Bulletin has made it possible to actually review this product over a 6 week period which is great because it gives a true reflection. That saying of "Rome wasn't built in a day" is true and it will take a lot longer that 1 week worth of use to see any concrete results using any product claiming to change the appearance of your skin.

I first and foremost want to mention how beautiful the packaging is. It is really very sleek and stylish. It gives an appearance of a very high-end range of products and the look and feel of the tubes and moisturizer containers that of very high quality. I also like the uniqueness of the design of the Replumping Serum to give the impression of a syringe as a play on the idea of clinical fillers that make use of needles and syringes and it allows to really target fine lines and wrinkles. And am in love with the design of the eye cream with it's cooling flat ended applicator. It really gives a cool and refreshing feel to the eye area when you use it. It is perfect for the contoured area of the eyes and really soothes and calms tired saggy skin.

I received the following to review:

Anti-Ageing Day Replumping Care
http://www.beautybulletin.com/face-and-body/anti-ageing-creams/revitalift-filler-renew-day-cream-moisturiser

Anti-Ageing Night Replumping Care
http://www.beautybulletin.com/face-and-body/anti-ageing-creams/revitalift-filler-renew-replumping-night-cream

Hyaluronic Replumping Serum
http://www.beautybulletin.com/face-and-body/eye-creamsserums/revitalift-filler-renew-replumping-eye-cream

Filler Precision Eye Cream
http://www.beautybulletin.com/face-and-body/eye-creamsserums/revitalift-filler-eye-cream

Overall my thoughts so far are very positive. This range of products claim to re-plump your skin and fill out fine lines and wrinkles as well as define contours. I have already seen a visible difference in a particularly obvious set of deep furrows between my brows. I see a marked improvement in their appearance even after just 2 weeks of use. I also see a much tighter less crepe like appearance to my eyes and skin when I wake up in the morning which is due to the Hyaluronic Acid which is in all the products.

The Day & Night creams are very rich almost like a mask or treatment and the night cream is very lush and deeply moisturizing. I love how I feel when I wake up, it really does feel like my skin underwent complete restoration during the night. The fragrances are quite strong in the containers but the strength does dissipate when it is applied to the skin. All the products absorb really quickly and leave a fantastic base for my make-up. I have not needed to use a primer since using this product.

There is alcohol in the eye cream and serum and although I try and avoid that where I can, I did not find it has had any major drying effect on my already dry skin.

I am very excited to compare pictures at the end of the 6-week trial, I am sure I am going to see a marked difference.

I have made a little video expressing my initial thoughts as well as showing the products I received.

So what happened after 6 weeks?

Well, I have been using the products religiously for the full 6 weeks and although I have seen it be extremely effective in the reduction of fine lines as well as miraculously re-plumping my sagging skin around my eyes, I sadly have to comment that I have really been experiencing some breakouts since using it. I experienced the first breakouts quite soon after starting and thought that if I stuck to it, my skin would adjust but it just doesn't seem to have. I suspect this would not be the ideal product for someone with sensitive skins and I am not entirely sure what is making me break-out but I have. My skin is not all that prone to break-outs so I can only put it down to the new product.

I would still recommend the product to other's thought but sadly have to say that I no longer think I will buy it again because of this particular issue. Had I not had the skin trouble then I would repurchase it yes.

Thank you to Beauty Bulletin for giving me the opportunity to try it out and let you all know my thoughts.

#TruthAboutAging

Product Recommendation

Would you recommend this product to someone else?
Yes
Would you repurchase this product?
No
#TruthAboutAging.jpg
C
Top 500 Reviewer 14 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply