Review Detail

4.5 34 0.5
Foundations July 28, 2015 1031
So happy with this!
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

I've been hearing rave reviews on this foundation from all over the blogging world - it's been cited as a dupe for Estee Lauder Double Wear, which is my holy grail foundation, but at a fraction of the cost.

I often hear that products like this will be just as good as the more expensive ones, and i'm always let down, so when I heard that every single person who had tested it out had liked it, I was pretty excited to receive one from Beauty Bulletin to review. The shade 22 'Radiant Beige' is spot on for my skin colour and is almost identical to my Double Wear, which I wear in the shade 'Sand'.

The formula is creamy and light, but it gives really great full coverage with a matte finish. I barely needed to use ANY concealer!

What I was most excited about was the 24h claim. Granted, I won't spend 24 hours with makeup on in one solid stretch of time, but I like longwear formulas, as I dislike touching up. I tried this with a number of different primers and setting powders and it really does hold up like my Double Wear, if not better! I didn't even need to blot with my blotting papers on the day I used Maybelline Babyskin and a Revlon powder with it!

My biggest test was yesterday - I applied it in the morning at around 6:45, with NO primer and NO concealer and NO setting powder. My thought was, RIGHT, let's see how this baby REALLY works out.

I only got home at 7:30 in the evening, so that was on for longer than 12 hours. I didn't need to touch up at all! My blusher had faded slightly during the day on top of the makeup, but even though my skin was a bit shiny by this time, I hadn't needed to touch up the makeup or even apply any concealer the entire day! The mirrors at my hair salon are rather unforgiving, and I always hate going there at the end of the day and seeing how my makeup has suffered - not the case this time! My hair dresser even asked what foundation I was using as my skin looked so good.

This is now a staple in my collection, and I'll repurchase until the end of time!

Product Recommendation

Would you recommend this product to someone else?
Yes
Would you repurchase this product?
Yes
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply