Review Detail

4.7 2 0.5
Scrubs, Exfoliators, Peels May 13, 2014 241
nature's treat
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

EEEP- So Infinity Skincare has brought the all exciting, all new Konjac Sponge to South Africa and if you haven't ordered yourself one yet, stop reading- GO. DO IT...NOW! And then continue to read...

Let me start with a little background which I had to read up on, because I had never heard of the Konjac!
- The Konjac Potato or Konnyaku is a perennial plant native to Asia, and can be found growing wild at very high altitudes. A totally natural food source, Konjac is 97% water, rich in mineral goodness and low in calories. Naturally alkaline, Konjac is pH neutral which leaves skin perfectly balanced- *source*

Seriously, I got the sponge over a month ago, and every time I make use of it, this scene of Dory with her squishy runs through my head and gives me a huge smile - if you don't like Dory, you are what is wrong with the world - regardless, the texture of the sponge is amazing and so unexpected. I am unsure why I imagined a hard sponge that would hurt, so was relieved when I got the Konjac that is the sort of texture that is hard to explain without using the word: squishy. When squeezed, it returns to shape each and every time, it is firm enough to do a thorough cleanse yet completely gentle and soothing to the skin.

For the first two weeks, I used the Konjac on its own. Honestly, I would market it to mom's, for the simple reason that it is QUICK, EASY and EFFECTIVE! I have mentioned before how I see shaving my legs a personal achievement, these days, so there is no surprise when I admit that my skin routine has been more than lacking as of late. The Konjac gives you no excuse, as you do not require all the hassle of cleansers. It literally takes 2 minutes to wash your face and leaves you feeling refreshed and ready to take on the day, with no more than 4 hours sleep.

I noticed an overall improvement in my skin, especially because the texture of the sponge helps exfoliate while restoring the bodies natural PH level. My skin did not appear nearly as dry and unlike every other year, I do not have the seasonal flaking.

The instructions of the sponge brag that it can even remove water based makeup. Although, I do not recommend trying to remove eye makeup with the sponge, I do agree that majority of my makeup was cleaned off without any need for harsh removers, creams and oils.

After two weeks, I decided to attempt an entire skincare routine, again. I liked that my cleanser seems to go a lot further with the use of the sponge, and that I can gently exfoliate daily with the gentle texture. However, I am using a new skincare range (review still to come) that has taken me back to the good ol' teen years, and given me the worst spiral of breakout known to adults. I admit that I know this has nothing to do with the sponge, as if it had - I would have had a breakout earlier.

Overall, I believe that this is the new essential for all women and teens. OH - and guess what, they have a BABY-friendly Konjac, too. I am very interested in using the sponge on Axl, as I have stressed how sensitive his skin is, and can imagine this to soothe while cleansing. The sponge is cost effective as you can use it over and over again, if well taken care of, plus it makes your cleanser last longer or you can choose to not even use one. My sponge is still as good as new, where usually I would be seeing the loss of shape and perhaps even breakage of usual facial sponges.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

2 results - showing 1 - 2
Ordering
May 23, 2014
I am going to get the kid friendly one for my girls, they are after me everyday to use my clarisonic and I feel they are too young for that, but as we know little girls want to do as mommy does, so this will be perfect for them with a dab of cetaphil
R
RoseAngel
May 23, 2014
In reply to an earlier comment

Enter to win one on my blog: http://beautyblogza.blogspot.com/2014/05/konjac-sponge-pure.html?showComment=1400863056067#c1551678499145044486
M
Megzi_16
2 results - showing 1 - 2

Leave a Reply