fbpx

Beauty Bulletin

Review Detail

3.8 54 0.5
Anti-Ageing Creams January 19, 2015 1464
Verdict: A hydrating moisturiser that improves and protects ageing combination skin at a steep price
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

I have been using Kiehl’s Super Multi-Corrective Cream for over a month now and am still very happy with it as a moisturiser. I believe it is just the correct amount of hydration for my ageing, combination skin in the cooler months of the year. This is a multi-corrective cream so Kiehl’s claims that it can do a lot. Specifically Kiehl’s claims that its formula in particular the combination of Beech tree extract, Jasmonic acid and hyaluronic acid “helps visibly improve skin’s resilience, redefine the appearance of contours, and smooth the look of wrinkles. Skin feels intensely hydrated, texture looks refined and pores are less visible - revealing a fresh, healthy and youthful-looking radiance.” I would agree with much of this claim as my skin does feel hydrated and my skin does look fuller even refined. I’ll even concede that the craters (pores to you) on my nose do look shallower though my cheeks still look very pocky. However the appearance of wrinkles/lines have not become less apparent and they completely lost me on the contouring. Kiehl’s also suggests one uses the cream twice a day unfortunately it does not contain any sun protection which is not ideal in sunny South Africa, so you would have to add sunscreen afterward.

All in all I found Kiehl’s Super Multi-Corrective Cream hydrates my skin beautifully, it feels softer to the touch and visibly looks improved. However it is not a cure all magic bullet and without any added sun protection I feel over R 700 for 50 ml is a bit steep. I will continue using the cream even though the review period has passed as there still seems to be quite a bit in the jar even after a month's use. If it were half the price I would consider repurchasing it.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply