fbpx

Beauty Bulletin

Review Detail

3.9 36 0.5
Moisturizers,Day Creams, Night Creams July 07, 2016 929
One Week Later... Kiehls #High5ToGreatSkin Challenge And Clarisonic Mia2 First Impression
(Updated: August 25, 2016)
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

Hello lovelies!!

So it has been exactly 7 days since I started the Kiehls #High5ToGreatSkin Challenge, and boy oh boy.. Do I have a lot to tell you!

1. Dermatologist Solutions Clearly Corrective Dark Spot Solution

I have been loving this product! Which was a little bit of a surprise because I actually never expected to love it as much as I do. Firstly, there has been a noticible difference in the dark marks and uneven skin tone issues that I have been battling with so long. This solution has skin tone evening properties and it has worked faster than I ever would have expected. Also, I have been using it as a spot treatment to target pesky little breakouts, and within 2 days they are completely dried out.

2. Dermatologist Solutions Powerful Strength Line Reducing Serum

To be perfectly honest, this serum has pros and cons. The cons are that I am really not a fan of the texture of this product. I just find that it gives me a very strange feeling as I apply it, and also, there is a warm sensation that I have experienced after. The pros are that it works. Truthfully. This was the one product that I made sure to keep a close eye on because at 22, I have already noticed fine lines on my face, especially on my forehead and around my mouth area. My skin is already starting to look firmer so I am quite pleased about that and I cannot wait to see my results in the future.

3. Ultra Facial Moisturizing Cream

Rich and creamy, this product is exactly what I need to get my day started and prep my skin for makeup. My favourite thing is that it doesn’t leave you feeling oily or greasy (which would be awful as I already have fairly oily skin), but you can feel without a doubt how nourishing this cream is. It is a simple, no nonsense moisturizer that leaves your skin feeling healthy and hydrated without clogging your pores.

4. Creamy Eye Treatment With Avo

One of my absolute favourite products of all time! I cannot believe how amazing this eye treatment is. Even though I am a beauty and makeup enthusiast, I never really saw the use of an eye cream. However, after purchasing several different eye creams from different brands and seeing no results, this product has completely rocked my world. My under eyes, lids and the area surrounding my orbital bones have never looked healthier. The thing that I love the most about this product is that I have noticed a real difference with the way my makeup lasts under my eyes, especially when it comes to my concealer creasing. I am totally obsessed with this cream, real talk.

5. Midnight Recovery Concentrate

This was honestly the product I was most excited about when this challenge started. I have always been a fan of oils and oil based serums especially in the night time to nourish my skin. And this serum did not disappoint. At. All. And it also smells incredible! The mix of lavender and other botanicals relaxes me and helps me wind down for bed. And the best part is that my skin is glowing every morning when I wake up. This is the product for you if you need something to restore your skin every night.

AAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNDDDDDDDD. . . (insert drumroll)

My Clarisonic Mia 2 arrived in the post on Tuesday morning, and to say I was excited is a huge understatement. So im going to give you my first impression on this iconic product.

Firstly, anyone clued up with beauty knows that Clarisonic is the Gucci (in quality and price) of facial cleansers but as far as I can tell, it is worth every last cent. There is nothing that is not impressive about this gadget from the packaging to the fact that it comes with its own travel case. I was even amazed with the way it charges and the lights… I could go on all day. But then I had to put it to the test. The bristles of the brush are super soft, yet the vibrations ( which come at 2 varying speeds) help to exfoliate my skin and reveal a glowing complexion. And as a frequent makeup user, I didn’t really realize how much makeup is actually left on my face even after using wet wipes and washing my face. The brush really gets into your pores to remove every last morsel of makeup. Then I follow that with my Kiehls products and my skin is left smooth and glowing and amazing!

I am so excited to continue this challenge and document my results because so far, this challenge has become everything and more than what I thought it would be.

Please don’t forget to follow me on instagram and snapchat (Minky_Pink) to stay up to date with everything, and also subscribe to my Youtube channel because I will be posting a skin care routine soon to share my skin journey and document my progress during this challenge.

Until next time… Stay beautiful

xx

#High5ToGreatSkin Final Review

Hey babes! So today I have my final review of the #High5ToGreatSkin campaign with Kiehls. This journey has been absolutely amazing and I can’t tell you how much my skin has transformed. So let me break it down ?

1. Midnight Recovery Concentrate

As I’ve mentioned before, this was the one product I think that I was most excited about. As an avid user of serums and nighttime oils, I had some high expectations from this oil. It smells absolutely divine and it’s the most hydrating oil I thin I have ever come across. My skin glows every single morning when I wake up thanks to this oil and I will definitely be repurchasing it.

2. Dermatologist Solutions: Cleary Corrective Dark Spot Solution

Not the most exciting product at first glance but once you use it, you’ll discover that it works like a bomb! All of the pigmentation spots I had at the beginning of this journey have drastically faded and, I have discovered an amazing pimple solution. I just dot it in breakouts in the morning and in the evenings, and within a few days, the blemishes have completely dried out and without any telltale marks. If you have pigmentation issues from blemishes and uneven skin tone then this is the product for you!

3. Dermatologist Solutions: Powerful Strength Line Reducing Serum

This is possibly the product I saw the most difference in my skin with. When I started this challenge, there was a particular line on my forehead that I had my eye on. I can confidently say that although that line is not completely gone, the difference is clearly noticeable and I have a feeling that by using this product consistently I won’t have to worry about any botox bills in the future!

4. Creamy Eye Treatment With Avo

By far my favourite product in this entire challenge! This product is rich and creamy and has done absolute wonders for my under eyes! I cannot rave enough about this cream. Your eye area is the most sensitive area of your entire face and this cream has kept it hydrated and healthy. I use this eye cream alone or under makeup, day and night and even my makeup longevity has improved with regular use of this eye cream. Love, love, love!

5. Ultra Facial Moisturizing Cream

This cream is not the most exciting product but what I love about it the most is the texture and the consistency. It is super hydrating without leaving you greasy. I have really oily skin so at the beginning of the challenge I had quite a few concerns because I didn’t want to use any products that would leave my face feeling like an oily frying pan. But it did the complete opposite. It is fast absorbing and extremely gentle on the skin. It has no fragrance so if you have super sensitive skin or oily skin it works wonderfully.

I had the most amazing time doing this challenge and seeing the results makes me excited to see what my skin will be in the future. I have noticed that Kiehls products are some of the most gently products I have ever used and there is a particular emphasis on hydration, but still being mindful of people of all skin types.

It has been an absolute pleasure!

Product Recommendation

Would you recommend this product to someone else?
Yes
Would you repurchase this product?
Yes
MM
2 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply