Moisturizers,Day Creams, Night Creams July 07, 2016 933
My Kiehl's Skincare Journey
(Updated: July 19, 2016)
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

Day 5 | New Impressions

It's officially been 5 days since I embarked on my Kiehl's Skincare Journey. To my honest surprise, because I am a slight pessimist when it comes to this kind of thing - I have already noted slight changes in my skin! My husband even ran his fingers over my face last night and commented on how soft glowy my skin looked. After using each of the product for a little bit of time now, I have this to say about each of them.

Kiehl's Dermatologist Solutions™ Powerful-Strength Line-Reducing Concentrate

This is such a crazy product! I feel like I am literally watching it work its' magic on my skin. Although, after a couple of days of use I've come to realise just how potent this mixture is. It leaves my skin feeling a little tingly and a little sore to be honest. Especially in spots where I have blemishes. I don't hate the feeling but I also feel like it is a feeling I shouldn't be feeling. This feeling also seems to amplify at night, maybe after I have taken all my make up off, my skin remains a little stressed from a day out in the elements? I don't know. It doesn't make me want to stop using the product though. I just think It may be a little strong for me as i have sensitive skin.

Kiehl's Dermatologist Solutions™ Clearly Corrective Dark Spot Solution

At fist I started using this over the Line-reducing Concentrate, but last night I swapped the two and the feeling felt a lot more natural. It soaked into my skin a little better and left my face with a fresh feeling. I love the smell of this product! I have yet to see any noticeable differences in pigmentation though so, stay tuned for updates!

Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Concentrate

I absolutely adore this product! Probably my favorite out of the lot! As mentioned before, I love oils & concentrates because I have super dry skin so the extra moisture is always welcome. I only use them at night though, as I feel like it leaves my skin too oily for the day if I use it in the morning. This one smells absolutely glorious and I'm certain that this is one of those products I'll keep going back to for a very long time to come.

Kiehl's Ultra Facial moisturising Cream

To be honest, this product is not really the kind of moisturiser I would generally go for. I like a much thicker consistency, especially since I am using it over so many other products. It does feel amazing though, and doesn't take too long to soak into my skin, which I like. It has left my skin hydrated and feeling soft, which is awesome.

Kiehl's Creamy Eye Treatment with Avocado

I love the consistency of this product. It's thick, rich and smooth. I have seen no noticeable difference around my eyes in the time I have been using this but am eager to see if it makes any changes in the future.

First Impressions

For those who have been following an of the Beauty Diaries I have done in the past, you will know that I have incredibly dry skin. I cannot go a day with out my moisture routine otherwise my skin starts drying out immediately, and after a day, starts to peel. I've learned to manage this as much as I can but every now and then, especially in Winter and the cold, my skin starts to play up on me.

This is why I am so excited to be embarking on my first proper skincare journey with Keihl's. I've never used any of their products before but have wanted to for ages. Besides the natural dryness of my skin, I've slowly been noticing, to my horror, that fine lines are starting to appear in places they have never been before - under my eyes, especially. This is something I'd obviously like to stop in its tracks as much as possible, if possible at all.

Day One | First impressions

On my 28 day skincare journey (that I started last night and love already), I'll be testing and reviewing five of Kiehl's cult products in their High 5 Range. I received all of these beauties yesterday and almost squealed in excitement. The packaging is beautiful and each product seems as intriguing as the next. I have no doubt that they all contain their own magic powers. What is #High5ToGreatSkin? It's 5 Iconic Kiehl's products that target the effects of aging on the skin. Hydrate, Moisturize, Correct, Treat and Replenish are the five magical steps to transformed skin.

These products include:

Kiehl's Dermatologist Solutions™ Powerful-Strength Line-Reducing Concentrate

My First Impression

I had no idea what to expect from this product as I have never used any kind of line reducing product before. On squeezing the product onto my fingers, it looks and smells like any other lotion, but as you run the product over your skin, it changes its consistency completely which was super surprising. It's got a silky, chalky kind of feeling to it and absorbs instantly into your skin, leaving it feeling like it has a protective silk layer over your face. I think this is a super interesting product and can't wait to see what it does for my skin after the 28 days!

Kiehl's Dermatologist Solutions™ Clearly Corrective Dark Spot Solution

My First Impression

My first impression of this product was completely wrong! I thought, from its appearance that it would have a sleek and oily consistency. It doesn't. It has a very thin consistency and once applied to the skin, it definitely has the feeling of a treatment. All the area's on my face that had blemishes or open sores, started to burn and tingle, but in a good way, if you know what I mean? I have pretty patchy red marks on my skin and that's why I always wear foundation. If this product can help me with a more even complexion, maybe I can reduce my foundation use. That would be amazing!

Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Concent

My First Impression

I am no stranger to a good facial oil concentrate. I love them! They're pretty much the only thing that helps with truly with my dryness. That's why I was so excited to find out that this product was included in this journey. I don't like using these on their own though and always mix them into my moisturizer. I have no doubt that this product will be magic for my skin and can tell you, it smells heavenly!

Kiehl's Ultra Facial Moisturizing Cream

My First Impression

Moisturizer is so important to me, and will always be my favorite step in my skin care routine. This one smells incredible. I was surprised by the consistency, as i thought it might be a little thicker. It doesn't bother me though. After one use I can tell you it absorbs beautifully into the skin whilst still leaving a gorgeous glow to the skin afterward. I can't wait to see the results after 28 days!

Kiehl's Creamy Eye Treatment with Avocado

My First Impression

I'm really bad when it comes to eye creams - I always forget about them! Maybe that's why I'm starting to see those little fine lines (tear). This eye treatment surprised me by having a way thicker consistency that I had anticipated. It feels amazing on application and needs a little rub in, in order to absorb. My skin felt a little tingly after a little while but it felt great. I have high hopes for this treatment!

Keep up to date with this post for weekly updates throughout my skincare journey. I can't wait to see some much needed changes in my skin.

#ChangeYourSkin | #High5ToGreatSkin

View the review on my Blog: http://www.goldcreatures.com/beauty-diaries-kiehls-journey/

Product Recommendation

Would you recommend this product to someone else?
Yes
Would you repurchase this product?
Yes
Kiehl's Change Your Skin Challenge
K
1 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply