fbpx

Beauty Bulletin

Review Detail

3.9 36 0.5
Moisturizers,Day Creams, Night Creams July 07, 2016 933
Kiehl's #ChangeYourSkin - Day 28 - Final Thoughts!
(Updated: August 09, 2016)
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

Kiehl's #ChangeYourSkin - Day 28

I’ve really enjoyed getting familiar with the Kiehl’s range this last month. My skincare routine is usually pretty simple – cleanse and moisturise twice a day, and I exfoliate once a week or so. Having a range of products to experiment with has changed my attitude towards my daily routine. I’ve realised that my skin needs more TLC than it used to. Part of that is aging – post thirty is a whole different ballgame and the other part is winter. The Cape Town winters are pretty hard on our skin, but it’s totally manageable with the Kiehl’s range.

My two stand out favourites are the ultra facial moisturiser and the midnight recovery concentrate. Both have worked really well to even out my skin texture and colour as well as providing deep moisture that was sorely lacking before this month.

I’m looking forward to the next couple of months finishing off the different products, the line-reducing concentrate in particular has received rave reviews from beauty bloggers around the world. But I haven’t seen too much of a difference from that product yet.

All in all, it’s been a great month for my skin! Thank you Kiehl’s and Beauty Bulletin.

Kath xxx

Kiehl's #ChangeYourSkin - Day 21

Yay! It’s week 3 and I’ve been enjoying the results of Kiehl’s #ChangeYourSkin challenge. Let’s have a look at the products.

1. Midnight Recovery Concentrate
This product feels and smells amazing. When you apply the concentrate it feels a bit oily but by the morning my skin is noticeably softer and more hydrated. I really recommend giving this product a try.

2. Clearly Corrective Dark Spot Solution
I don’t have noticeable pigmentation issues, so I’m keeping this product for summer when the sunshine brings out more of the dark patches.

3. Powerful Strength Line Reducing Concentrate
I haven’t noticed any changes yet, but I think this is more of a maintenance product. Beauty bloggers around the world LOVE the line reducing concentrate and it’s the product that I’d most like to see results from.

4. Creamy Eye Concentrate
I love the creamy richness of this product, you really only need to use a tiny bit and it goes a long way. I am really enjoying having a good quality eye cream.

5. Ultra Facial Cream
This product has surprised me, I’m not usually very brand loyal when it comes to moisturisers as my skin isn’t too fussy about what I put on it. But I’ve loved the extra moisture that the cream provides. I’m not sure if it would be too moisturising for people with oily skin, but the packaging states that the cream processes the moisture in the air to keep the skin hydrated which would mean that it would work well even for oily skins.

See you next week!

Kiehl's #ChangeYourSkin - Day 14

It’s Day 14 of the Kiehl’s #ChangeYourSkin campaign. I’m feeling as sick as a dog I’ve hardly been able to get out of bed, but the one thing that’s feeling great? My skin. I’ve tried really hard to keep up with the full routine, but most days I’ve just been putting on the Ultra Facial Moisturizing Cream mornings and evenings. I know my skin has been taking a beating, but you can’t see any of that thanks to the cream’s deep moisturising.

I’ll be filming an intro and review next week with all my thoughts and what’s working for me, and what isn’t. But right now, I’m going to make myself a cup of tea and crawl back into bed.

**UPDATE**

Woohoo! The video is up!

_______________________________________________________________________________________
New Week, New Skin. Day 7 of @kiehls.za #ChangeYourSkin Challenge.

Seven days into the Kiehl’s #ChangeYourSkin Challenge and I’ve got a better idea of the products so here’s an update of what’s going on with my skin…

Midnight Recovery Concentrate
This is the product that I was most excited to try. Irina Doman from I’ll Take It All says she has sworn by this product for the past 3 winters, and I’m starting to see why… It’s a nighttime facial oil that makes your skin feel amazing by morning. The distilled botanicals in the oil are naturally calming and restorative so the concentrate smells lovely while being very effective.

I’ve noticed that the dry patches on my skin are feeling much better and I love the feeling of my skin when I wake up in the morning. The oiliness might be offputting for people with natural oily skins, but I find my skin absorbs the oil almost immediately and I hven’t noticed increased oiliness as a result of using the product.

I apply the Midnight Recovery at night over the Line-Reducing and Facial Moisturizing creams.

Dermatologist Solutions™ Clearly Corrective Dark Spot Solution
This product contains activated C to fade age spots. I haven’t been able to see much effectiveness from this product as I don’t have too many dark spots to target. Also, for the first week I was concentrating on my biggest trouble areas – fine lines and uneven skin tone (with the Eye treatment, and Line-Reducing creams) next week I’ll have more to say on this one!

Dermatologist Solutions™ Powerful-Strength Line-Reducing Concentrate
With 10,5% Vitamin C, this is one of the more active anti-aging products available. I haven’t noticed any difference using the product yet, but I am very hopeful for this one. I’ve only been using it in the evenings, but will start using it in the mornings from this week and see if there is more of an effect. I’ve only read great things about the concentrate, so I’m excited to stick with it and get the results!

Creamy Eye Treatment with Avo
I am absolutely loving this eye cream – it’s deeply moisturising and doesn’t go into my eyes. I think investing in an eye cream is a long-term play. It may not yield immediate results, but by daily re-adding lost moisture to your eye area, you’re giving yourself the best chance of keeping the sensitive skin around your eyes looking youthful and healthy.

Ultra Facial Moisturizing Cream
This has been a surprise favourite for me. I usually use a good quality moisturiser, but this one has exceeded my expectations. I don’t feel any oiliness after application, even if I use it during the day. The lack of oiliness would make you think that maybe it’s not moisturising enough, but that’s not the case either. It’s definitely the best moisturiser, especially with the dry Cape winter, that I’ve tried in a very long time.

I’m super happy with the products so far and looking forward to seeing some more results from the line reducing concentrate and the dark spot solution. All in all it’s been a fantastic first week!

Keep an eye on Beauty Bulletin to hear how everyone else is getting on with the challenge.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's Day 1 of @kiehls.za #ChangeYourSkin Challenge.

Well.
Challenge accepted!

I'm really looking forward to the 28 day challenge, learning more about Kiehl's products and giving my skin some much needed TLC.

My main skin concerns are:

1) The not-so-fine lines around my eyes and forehead
2) The dark rings under my eyes (must be something to do with having a ten month old..)
3) Uneven skin tone around my nose area
4) Rough skin texture, especially on my forehead, which seems worse at the moment as we enter the depths of winter...

My Initial Impressions:

I love the packaging of the products - Kiehl's has been at the top of my wish list for about 4 years now - I first noticed the brand when we were living in Barcelona and I'd make a point of walking past the shop at least once a week to have a look at their displays.

#High5ToGreatSkin:

The products I have to test are 5 steps to targeting aging (hooray!)

1. Midnight Recovery Concentrate - this is the one I'm most excited about, it's the product I most often come across and the one that beauty bloggers swear by.

2. Dermatologist Solutions™ Clearly Corrective Dark Spot Solution - I have a little bit of pigmentation around my lip area so I'm hoping this one does what it says!

3. Dermatologist Solutions™ Powerful-Strength Line-Reducing - Yes, please. I'm 32 with very pale skin, anything to reduce the signs of aging.

4. Creamy Eye Treatment with Avo - Recently I've been reading about the importance of using a good quality eye cream, especially for women over 30. It's going to be interesting to see if using an eye cream makes a noticable difference.

5. Ultra Facial Moisturizing Cream - My first impression of this cream is very positive. I love deeply moisturising face creams. It might be a bit much if you have oily skin but for me it feels great.

I'll be back with an update next week!

Kath xxx

Product Recommendation

Would you recommend this product to someone else?
Yes
Would you repurchase this product?
Yes
Kiehl's Products.jpg
Kiehl's Ultra Facial Cream.jpg
Kiehl's And Beauty Bulletin Challenge.jpg
Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Concentrate.jpg
Kiehl's #ChangeYourSkin.jpg
Kiehl's #ChangeYourSkin Challenge
C
2 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0