Moisturizers,Day Creams, Night Creams July 07, 2016 929
Kiehls + Beauty Bulletin #ChangeYourSkin
(Updated: July 22, 2016)
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

INTRODUCTION
Between winter, a week of sleepless nights and a pretty stressful month; my skin is not looking its finest. The Kiehls and Beauty Bulletin #ChangeYourSkin campaign could not have come at a better time!
So what is the whole #ChangeYourSkin campaign about? Well Kiehls and Beauty Bulletin are so confident in the 5 iconic products from Kiehls (more on those later) that they have challenged myself and a few other beauties to use the products for 28 consecutive days and to document the improvements we see in our skins. The five products address five main conditions: dryness, uneven skin tone, dehydration, fine lines and wrinkles. I definitely suffer from three of those!

At the moment my skin is in a bit of a state and so I’m really holding thumbs that these Kiehls hero products live up to the hype! Even though my skin pretty dehydrated on any given day, it is even worse because of the dry winters that we have here in Johannesburg. I have slight pigmentation on my nose and my skin tone is quite uneven on my cheeks. And of course, let’s not forget those horrid fine lines that have made a home under my eyes.
Here is a quick brief on my Kiehls arsenal that I will be using over the next few weeks...

Midnight Recovery Concentrate (RRSP R755): I have used this miracle in a bottle before and I cannot rave about it enough Applied at night (when your skin’s cell renewal is more active), it works a minor miracle while you sleep; revealing smoother, more radiant skin in the morning. It is packed full of pure essential oils and distilled botanicals that dramatically restore the skin's health.
Powerful Strength Line Reducing Concentrate (RRSP R825): When I saw this, I knew exactly where I would be applying it – all over my forehead and neck! I have seen a few fine lines creeping in and I am not happy about it! Over and above fighting fine lines and wrinkles, this serum is also said to improve the skins texture, tone and overall radiance. It also contains L- Ascorbic acid, also known as pure vitamin C. This is essential to produce collagen but also helps to brighten the skin and is a great anti-oxidant!
Clearly CorrectiveTM Dark Spot Solution (RRSP R700): This is a silicone-paraben-fragrance free serum that not only helps to lighten dark spots, it also helps prevent future ones from cropping up. Peony extract and Activated C work together to reverse the discoloration and improve skin clarity. Although I don’t have a lot of pigmentation, I do have a tiny bit on my nose from too many days spent outdoors without enough sunscreen, so I am very interested to see what happens there.
Ultra Facial Cream (RRSP R355): This super hydrating moisturiser has a very interesting ingredient sourced all the way from Antarctica: Glacial Glycoprotein Extract. What’s so special that this ingredient had to come all the way from Antarctica you ask? Well it has incredible protection against dryness, it is an amazing anti-oxidant, plus it helps to retain water in the skin, giving you 24 hour hydration. I’m pretty excited to plonk this onto my face.
Ultra facial creamCreamy Eye Treatment with Avocardo (RRSP R385): I’ve really been neglecting my under eye area recently and so I’m really hoping that this Kiehls eye treatment will perk it up. It is ophthalmologist and dermatologist tested so should be fine for those with sensitive eyes. Avocado oil is known to be incredibly moisturising, combined with shea butter, this eye treatment sounds like a winner!
All my reviews will also be going up here on Beauty Bulletin as well as my blog so go and have a read. There will be weekly updates so stay tuned!

WEEK ONE
I'm officially one week into my Kiehls #ChangeYourSkin journey! I've been using five iconic products from Kiehls for a full seven days now - time for an update!

My skin has taken such a beating these past few weeks. Besides the normal dehydration thanks to the horrid dry weather here in Johannesburg, I have been incredibly stressed and that takes a massive toll on my skin in the form of breakouts. Having said that though, I have noticed that my skin isn't as dehydrated and flakey as it normally is around this time of the year, the texture is quite a bit smoother and it certainly feels a lot more plump so, so far, so good!
Here's a quick run down on my thoughts on the products, seven days in...

Midnight recovery concentrate: Man, oh man I love this product, definitely my favourite so far! I press a few drops of this concentrate into my skin every night before I hop into bed. It has such a relaxing scent that it has almost become a bit a relaxing bedtime ritual for me, especially with this ridiculously stressful time we've been going through. A little goes a long way so don't go crazy with it! I love the fact that it sinks into my thirsty skin almost immediately - no oil stained pillow cases, hooray! In the morning my skin is noticeably better- smoother, clearer and not as angry.
Powerful Strength Line Reducing Concentrate: I've been slapping this wrinkle zapping concentrate all over my neck as a preventative measure. The consistency is quite thick but it literally melts into your skin as your apply it, making it feel quite luxurious. Because I don't have many pronounced lines or wrinkles it's hard to say if this product is making a difference but I am confident that it is hard at work behind the scenes!
Clearly CorrectiveTM Dark Spot Solution: This product really suprised me - I have been applying it to the tops of my hands as I have some sun damage there from driving and there has been a huge difference, I could kick myself for not taking photo's! I also apply the solution to my nose and the tops of my cheeks where I have some discolouration and because of the change I saw on my hands, I have high hopes for my face.
Kiehls dark spot solutionUltra Facial Cream: So often moisturisers leave my skin looking shiny and so it's not easy for me to find one that I love. That was not the case with the Kiehl's Ultra Facial Cream! It is light and airy on my skin but still floods it with hydration and it doesn't leave my skin looking like I could fry an egg on it. I really think that this moisturiser coupled with the Midnight Recovery Concentrate make and amazing hydration duo!
Creamy Eye Treatment with Avocado: The first time I used this eye treatment I used waaaay too much and my under eye area resembled an oil slick. So, like the Midnight Recovery Concentrate, a little goes a long way. The consistency is very interesting because even though it is quite thick and almost tacky, it isn't uncomfortable on the skin or feel thick and gloopy. I like that it stays put in the area that you apply it and doesn't end up sliding into your eyeball like so many eye creams do. Again, I think one week is a bit too soon to see a difference when it comes to the under eye area but I'm definitely enjoying using this product!

Product Recommendation

Would you recommend this product to someone else?
Yes
Would you repurchase this product?
Yes
#ChangeYourSkin before image.jpg
MY MORNING SKINCARE ROUTINE
M
6 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply