3.9 36 0.5
Moisturizers,Day Creams, Night Creams July 07, 2016 933
My #High5ToGreatSkin #ChangeYourSkin Journey with Kiehl's
(Updated: August 08, 2016)
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

I am so excited to be part of the #High5ToGreatSkin #ChangeYourSkin campaign and to be able to share my journey and results with you. That is exactly why I joined BB and started my own blog...

My skin concerns… how much time do you have?! The cold weather in Cape Town has change my skin from oily/combination to scaly and flaky. Almost in an instant. Add pigmentation, fine lines and wrinkles and enlarged pores to the mix and you get a big ol’ mess. I have really been struggling lately and I can’t wait to see what Kiehl’s can do for me.

WEEK 1: Loving Kiehl’s!
I mentioned on day 1 that my main skin concerns are dry, sensitive and flaky skin. Uhm… no more!!! After a week of using these Kiehl’s cult beauties, my skin is smooth, soft and glowing. I am so happy.

Here are my thoughts on each product…

KIEHL'S MIDNIGHT RECOVERY CONCENTRATE

I have been lucky enough to have tried this cult before and it is most definitely worthy of its status. The thin, non-greasy consistency makes it ideal for all skin types. Let’s hope it performs as well as I remember. Especially now that my skin is so dry.

Week 1: I wasn’t sure that this oil would pack the punch my skin needs right now, but it does! I use a little more than the recommended 3 drops and my skin loves it. Liquid gold I tell you. No more tight, flaky skin. I have been using it in the mornings too and my skin feels calmed and soothed the moment this glorious liquid touches my freshly cleansed skin. I think using it twice a day is exactly what my skin needed as this harsh Cape Town weather has not been kind to me.

Week 3: I have found my holy grail product for winter!! Day 1... dull, scaly, tight and uncomfortable. Day 21... smooth, soft, glowing skin!! I am over the moon. Using this oil twice a day has been my skin's saving grace!

Week 4: I couldn't be happier! This oil is magic. This light, easily absorbed liquid literally saved my face this winter. If you have environmentally stressed skin, this is the products you need to get. It soothes, calms, moisturises and nourishes even the driest and most sensitive of skins. It gets 11/10!!

KIEHL'S CREAMY EYE TREATMENT

I don’t use an eye cream. Honestly, I find most so overpriced that I just can’t justify the purchase. I am 38 though and my under eye area really needs some TLC. I can’t wait to see how this cream performs. I have only heard good things. I tried it last night and this morning and it feels super nourishing. I just need to be more careful when dipping into the tub… it is super thick and creamy and I keep on applying too much.

Week 1: This is the most nourishing eye cream I have ever used. It is very thick so you have to take your time to apply it to the delicate eye area. I can’t see much of a difference yet, but it feels good. Another plus is that my concealer applies like a dream. No caking at all!

Week 3: The longer I'm using this cream, the more I'm starting to love it. My under eye area definitely looks smoother and more hydrated. And it almost looks as though my crows feet are softening. Watch this space!

Week 4: Okay, I'm converted. I LOVE this eye cream. Crows feet have softened! I will not be able to go without Kiehl's Creamy Eye Treatment ever again.

KIEHL'S POWERFUL-STRENGTH-LINE-REDUCING CONCENTRATE

I tried a sample of this beauty when we still only had the pop-up store in Cape Town and I loved the feeling of the serum. Hey forehead lines! I’m coming for you! And YAY for the pump bottle.

Week 1: I love how warm this feels on my skin. This thick concentrate also has a lovely calming effect on my skin. My skin looks plump after application, but we will have to wait and see what it does to these lovely lines of mine. I’ll keep you posted.

Week 3: I thoroughly enjoy applying this serum. It feels incredible on my skin. It really looks as though my smile lines and '11' wrinkles are softening. I'm excited!

Week 4: 28 days in and I am very happy with my results. My laugh lines and '11' wrinkles are definitely less noticeable. I am over the moon. I am so excited to see what this serum will do with continued use. Well done Kiehl's!

KIEHL'S CLEARLY CORRECTIVE DARK SPOT SOLUTION

I think I may be most excited about this product. I have heard great things and I hope to experience amazing results as well. It feels great on my skin and I will let you know if I see results soon. Fingers crossed!

Week 1: It’s a bit too soon to see any changes in my dark spots, but my skin looks beautifully bright at the moment. It must be doing something! I really like that this serum feels very light on my skin and works well when combined with other products. I love that the bottle is clear and that it has a dropper… I don’t want to waste a single drop.

Week 3: I have 3 stubborn dark spots on my forehead that does not seem to want to lighten (yet!), but I apply this serum all over and my skin appears a lot brighter and more even toned than before.

Week 4: It seems as though the pigmentation spots that I have on my forehead are lightening! I am very impressed. These spots didn't just appear over night so I did not expect this serum to start making a difference in such a short amount of time. Overall my skin looks brighter and more even-toned. This is a winning product.

KIEHL'S ULTRA FACIAL CREAM

I tried this cream this morning and it feels lovely. My skin looks and feels good today. I’ll let you know how it goes. Bummer that it comes in a jar though.

Week 1: I have a lot of love for this moisturiser. I was worried that it would be a bit much after already applying quite a few other products, but it provides just enough hydration without feeling heavy at all. I think this cream would work well for most skin types. It is awesome.

Week 3: I am still so in love with this cream. It is probably the 'simplest' of the 5 products I am currently testing, but it is so effective. My skin soaks it up and is left feeling calmed and soothed. This is a must-have! My sensitive skin loves it.

Week 4: It is safe to say that I have not used many face creams that I love quite as much as I love the Kiehl's Ultra Facial Cream. It is such a simple product, yet it is so effective!! It is as though my face sighs with relief the moment this cream comes in contact with my skin. If you have sensitive skin, you will love it! I highly recommend this!

FINAL THOUGHTS ON DAY 28:

When I started this challenge, I was really struggling with skin that was sensitive, dry and environmentally stressed. Today I have soft, smooth, glowing, more even-toned skin. I don't really think I need to say more. Thank you Kiehl's and Beauty Bulletin!

Product Recommendation

Would you recommend this product to someone else?
Yes
Would you repurchase this product?
Yes
Three weeks in and my skin looks so much better. My skin loves Kiehl's! This pic doesn't do it justice. The lighting in our house is so bad and I take pics with my phone. Apologies. But my skin feels and looks bright, plump and smooth!
Love this little pot.
High 5 Kiehl's!
Bye bye frown lines...
Dark spots be gone!
Liquid Gold!!!
#High5ToGreatSkin
DAY 1: Oh my word, this must be the most unflattering no-makeup selfie in the history of time!!! This was taken at 6:00 this morning. I will do my best to take another in natural light as soon as I can.
#ChangeYourSkin #High5ToGreatSkin
#High5ToGreatSkin
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply