Moisturizers,Day Creams, Night Creams July 07, 2016 933
Kiehl's High 5 Range #ChangeYourSkin & Clarisonic Mia2
(Updated: July 11, 2017)
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

DAY1: Skin Concerns and First Impressions

I am Greta Lamfel, owner of the blog www.healthyliving894.com I am passionate about health, success and beauty.

I am generally prone to breakouts, dark spots, uneven skin tone and blemishes and have tried many different products to improve my skin. Some products only provide temporary relief and others don't work at all. When I heard about the #ChangeYourSkin and #High5ToGreatSkin campaign I knew I had to try it.

Kiehl's has given me the opportunity to put their products to the test by using it for 28 days. They promise to improve skin dryness, uneven skintone, fine lines and wrinkles.

I received my products in the mail today. The package contained:
1. Midnight Recovery Concentrate R755
2. Dermatologist Solutions™ Clearly Corrective Dark Spot Solution R700
3. Dermatologist Solutions™ Powerful-Strength Line-Reducing R825
4. Creamy Eye Treatment with Avo R385
5. Ultra Facial Moisturizing Cream R355

They seem like higher-end products and if you are on a budget it might be difficult for you to afford, but if you are serious about getting great skin it should not deter you.

The packaging looks professional and clearly indicates what you should expect from each product. There are also guidelines on how to use each product. The creamy eye treatment smells like avocado and has a very rich texture; the same consistency as mayonnaise. The dark spot remover looks and smells like something you would get at a pharmacy to treat a severe condition - can't wait to test it.The midnight recovery concentrate looks similar to the dark spot corrector, only this one smells like essential oils. The Line reducing concentrate looks like butter, and when I put a little on my skin it gave me a slight warming sensation - like as if putting warm butter.

Next Steps:
I will be testing these products during the next 28 days and will document every step. I am not familiar with their products so I am excited to give you an honest review. Here's to finally saying "High 5 to great skin!"

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Week 1 Update: My Skin Changes and Thoughts on the Products

So I have had these products for a week now and I used them very religiously. I followed every instruction to the "tee". My skin looks visibly radiant than before and I can see that I'm glowing. People usually connect glowing skin to pregnant women, but I have had to tell many people that I am not pregnant, I've just used Keihl's products for the past week.

Clearly Corrective Dark Spot Solution - this is absolutely my favourite! I did mention that I have a dark spot problem and wish I didn't have to use concealer to cover it up. I initially expected the solution to burn because most products I have come across burns, but this product is so gentle on the skin. I was pleasantly surprised. In addition to that my dark spots have reduced in just under a week!At first I thought I was imagining things, but then I looked at some before pictures and realised that my eyes are not deceiving me.

Ultra Facial Cream - my daily cream. It keeps my face moisturized throughout the day, especially now that it's very cold I need a cream that will properly moisturize my face. Just before starting with Keihl's I had a major breakout. The breakout was due to lack of moisture in the skin. I started using this product in the morning and evening and literally slashed the breakouts in half. I am looking forward to no breakouts soon. I also credit my glowing skin to this cream and the midnight concentrate.

Powerful-Strength Line-Reducing Concentrate - I don't have a problem with fine lines or wrinkles, but I like to use this one as a preventative measure, kill those lines before they come! Each time I apply this one it feels like warm butter on my face, nice feeling.

Creamy Eye Treatment - I love the avocado smell. I use this one to moisturize the under eye area.

Midnight Recovery Concentrate - feels like a beauty treatment while you sleep. It keeps my face moisturized all night and when I wake up my face has a radiant glow.

In addition, I received the Clarisonic Mia2 and have been using it for a week. I am so worried because it gave me a lot of pimples on my cheeks, jawbone and around my mouth. I read that maybe it is acne that was already under the surface of my skin and I should give it a month. Let's see after one month.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Week 3 Update

I used the products for three weeks now and......AMAZING! Even the Clarisonic Mia 2 which I initially thought was a mistake turned out to purge all my acne in the end. Turns out I was using it all wrong. I changed my method by using it only once a week and by gently gliding the brush over my face and not using any force. All the pimples I mentioned in the previous update are gone!

The Kiehl's products are still working well for me. What's great is the Dark Spot Corrector prevented any new dark spots from forming when I had the pimple breakout.

Have a look at my before and after pictures and let me know what you think!

Product Recommendation

Would you recommend this product to someone else?
Yes
Would you repurchase this product?
Yes
Before Photo
My Skin Concerns
Kiehl's High 5 Range Video Review
H
1 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply