3.9 36 0.5
Moisturizers,Day Creams, Night Creams July 07, 2016 929
WEEK 1 (DAY1) : Skin concerns and First impressions #ChangeYourSkin
(Updated: August 16, 2016)
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

Kiehl's has allowed us to put their products to the test by challenging us to use 5 iconic products that target dryness, uneven skin tone, dehydration, fine lines and wrinkles in 28 days.

My skin concerns: I am usually prone to breakouts which have minimized over the past couple of months but at the moment I have been struggling with very dehydrated skin, of course with it being winter and as a result, my eczema has gotten worse around my nose and chin area. I have slight pigmentation around my cheekbones and am prone to hyper pigmentation as most of us are living under the very hot African sun. I may be 25 years of age but it doesn't mean I am not struggling with those fine lines around the eye and mouth area. Products that claim to assist in having effective results for those particular issues always stand out for me as I am someone who is extremely particular with my skins issues and the products I use on my skin.

First impression: After cleansing my skin, I immediately apply the Powerful-Strengh Line-Reducing concentrate (twice/day) as I am very aware that aging can begin in your 20's if you are not looking after your skin,. This product claims to visibly decrease the appearance of lines and wrinkles with a continuous delivery of pure vitamin C at 10,5%. I will definitely be monitoring the fine lines around my eyes and mouth with this product. It does have a slightly tingling effect that isn't of any discomfort at all. This formula has a very lightweight and comfortable silicone like texture that is absorbed by the skin quickly.
I move onto the Clearly Corrective Dark Spot solution thereafter as it claims to rapidly correct dark spots and discolorations. This will help me to treat those slight signs of pigmentation caused by the UV exposure and post-inflammatory hyper pigmentation. I use 3 drops (day only) of this lightweight fluid formula and softly warm it into my skin with the palms of my hands.

Once I have applied my serums I allow them to penetrate the skin for a good couple of minutes before I apply my Ultraviolet Facial cream (day & night) which claims to leave the skin feeling comfortable and well-balanced, as well as protect the skin from cold and dry conditions which is perfect for us experiencing the cold and dry weather at the moment. I was really in need of a good moisturizer with a lightweight texture that didn't leave me feeling greasy and upon first impression, it was soothing, comfortable, hydrating and non-greasy.

One of my favorites and must have is the Creamy Eye treatment with avocado, which moisturises the delicate eye area. I tend to have a very dry eye area and I have actually used this product before, in fact, it is one of the first eye creams I began using consistently. It gives an instant moisture boost to the eye area. I'm so happy to be able to continue using this as part of my skin care regime as I know the powerful effect it has. I apply a small amount (day & night) to my ring fingers and gently tap it around the outer eye area not going directly under the eye.

Last but not least the Midnight recovery concerntrate, a replenishing elixir of pure essential oils and distilled botanicals that visibly restore the appearance of skin by morning. I LOVE this product, another one of my favorites and must have from Kiehl's. I first came to know about this amazing little blue bottle when I was working in cosmetics. I was experiencing breakouts, dull and tired skin at the time and this product did exactly what it said, I have bought 2 of these bottles prior to this review because it's that good. I use this at night just before my moisturizer, I apply 3 drops and warm it into my skin using the palms of my hands.

I am over joyed and excited to be able to put 2 of my already favorite must have Kiehl's products into action with the rest of the High 5 range. Can't wait to see the results. Stay tuned as I document what these products have done for me and could do for you too.

WEEK 1 (Day 7): Product review and my skins developments

Wow it's already been a week with the Kiehl's #ChangeYourSkin campaign and 3 words that would sum up this whole experience so far? I LOVE IT!

#High5ToGreatSkin it is indeed but to be honest I really didn't doubt this product from the moment I received it.

My skin feels healthy, hydrated, rejuvenated, glowing and youthful. Everything us as woman are constantly on the search for. I received a compliment today on how great and glowy my skin is looking. So that compliment for me is my testimonial in a nutshell.

Products in order of how I use them:

1. Powerful-strength Line-Reducing Concentrate: This powerful anti-wrinkle treatment contains 10.5% Vitamin C hence the slight tingle or warm sensation you might experience when applying the product. It is clinically demonstrated to improve overall skin texture and my oh my did I notice a difference, the first thing I have noticed with this product is the texture of my skin but most importantly the improved appearance of my pores. My skin is noticeably smoother.

2. Clearly Corrective Dark Spot Solution: A fast-acting serum that diminishes dark spots and visibly evens skin tone. This product for me hasn't shown major results as I don't have serious pigmentation as of yet and you know what they say, "if it ain't broke don't fix it" but I do still use this consistently regardless, why? Because prevention is better than a cure. So in order to prevent hyper-pigmentation, dark spots and scarring from developing I do not skip this product in my routine.

3. Ultra facial cream: A 24 hour daily face moisturizer. Perfect for the cold and dry winter months. WOW, I love this moisturizer! Prior to using this product my skin was dehydrated and lacking that moisture it so badly needed, with it being winter, I dove right into this cream. It was an instant moisture boost, it didn't leave my skin feeling greasy but replenished my skins moisture instantly. My skin is glowing and looking much healthier. I believe it has a lot to do with this moisturizer.

4. Creamy eye treatment: A creamy moisturizing eye treatment formulated with avocado oil. This is my GO TO, MUST HAVE eye cream. The first time I used an eye cream consistently was this beauty right here. A quick-burst release of moisture! Absolutely! My eye area has never looked better and more healthy thanks to this.

5. Midnight recovery concentrate: A replenishing nighttime facial oil with distilled botanicals that visibly restores the appearance of skin by morning. Again I am such a fan of this and of the Kiehl's brand in general as they consistently deliver amazing products like this one. My first encounter with this product is pretty much the same as it was now again. This is definitely another product within the range that has contributed to the glowing and beautiful texture my skin has developed. The minute you apply this product, you can feel and smell it's amazing and soothing properties that it offers to your skin, it's beautiful scent alone will leave you feeling revitalized. Once I wake up, I already notice such a difference in my skins appearance.

7 days down, 21 more to go. #ChangeYourSkin in 28 Days. Best believe it!

DAY 21 (WEEK 3):
My journey with the Kiehl's #ChangeYourSkin #High5ToGreatSkin in 28 days has been nothing short of amazing. I am extremely impressed with the results from the 5 CULT products that we were given to test. Did they surpass my expectations? Absolutely. I have always been a fan of the Kiehl's products for some time and this specific range together has made me fall in love with the brand yet again.

Products that consistently deliver is exactly what Kiehl's represents. From the serums to the moisturizer, each product in this range tackles specific skin needs to give an overall even, smooth and glowing appearance to the skin. Which is what I myself have been able to achieve. One product that really stood out for me was the powerful-strength line-reducing concentrate which visibly reduced the appearance of my pores and fine lines around my eyes, lips and forehead, which contains 10,5% vitamin c. I have quite a sensitive skin and had no break outs or allergic reactions to any of the products in the range.

I would highly recommend this entire range as it is to everyone I come across because it is that good and does perform impeccably well. Prior to this campaign, my skin was extremely dehydrated and lacking suppleness. I noticed results within the first week but 3 weeks later and it's probably in the best condition it has ever been.

Final thoughts:

1. Powerful-strength Line-Reducing Concentrate: I was pleasantly surprised by this product the most as it showcased what it can really do for my skin. Fine lines were improved, pores and overall texture was a lot smoother

2. Clearly Corrective Dark Spot Solution: I've said it and will say it again, prevention is better than a cure with this specific product. Great for anyone struggling with pigmentation and scarring from blemishes/acne.

3. Ultra facial cream: Great for dehydrated skin, that is in dire need of around the clock moisture. My skin is a lot more supple thanks to the hydrating properties of this amazing one of a kind facial moisturizer.

4. Creamy eye treatment: An eye cream that deserves its own stage. Still impressed with the quality and quantity of this instant moisture boosting eye cream. It has surpassed my expectations since day 1 of use and still continues to until today. My eye area has never looked this healthy thanks to this staple eye cream right here.

5. Midnight recovery concentrate: Has contributed to the glowing and beautiful texture my skin has developed. Waking up to visibly replenished skin is what most of us try to achieve with recovery oils and this one sure is on the top of the must have list.

The #ChangeYourSkin #High5ToGreatSkin in 28 Days, has been an amazing skin transforming journey and I am extremely glad I took part in this campaign because my skin hasn't looked and felt this healthy in quite some time. If you want to see a difference in your skin, I would highly recommend this range as is. Each product tackles the main issues we have to deal with. Take care of your skin and it will take care of you. Thank you for following my journey with me and I hope you enjoyed the process as much as I did.

Product Recommendation

Would you recommend this product to someone else?
Yes
Would you repurchase this product?
Yes
Week3
Week3
Week 2
Week2
Week2
Week2
IMG_9454.mov
A
3 reviews