3.9 36 0.5
Moisturizers,Day Creams, Night Creams July 07, 2016 933
My Skin Concerns and First Impressions
(Updated: August 03, 2016)
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

Beautiful skin requires commitment not a miracle and so the new Kiehl’s 28 Day Challenge couldn’t have come at a better time.

Dark spots and uneven skin tone are my nemesis. I am always on a quest to find a solution in an effort to correct these concerns, however, I am yet to try a regimen as extensive as the one put forward by Kiehl’s and Beauty Bulletin.

At 25, concerns about ageing have also started to manifest and so products that tackle early signs as well are top on my list to try.

Just after cleansing and toning, I will look to the Kiehl’s Dermatologist Solution™ Clearly Corrective Dark Spot Solution to help correct and ultimately prevent any future dark spots and skin discolorations. I am using this first, as I want it to work the hardest therefore I need it closest to my skin. I have recently had a few breakouts on my right cheek so I am interested to see how it will perform. For now, it is a pleasant lightweight serum to use all over the face at both morning and night. It has no fragrance and I have not experienced any irritation.

I’ll then be treating my skin with the Kiehl’s Dermatologist Solution™ Powerful Strength Line-Reducing Concentrate. I’ve been using it for a couple of days and I already love the texture of my skin. Upon my first application, I experienced a tingling sensation and this was obviously due to the high level of activated vitamin C in the bottle. At 10.5%, this powerful anti-wrinkle treatment will work to improve overall skin texture, tone and radiance while reducing the appearance of lines and wrinkles. I am also happy to use this above my Kiehl’s Dermatologist Solution™ Clearly Corrective Dark Spot Solution as it does have quite a high percentage of Vitamin C and it won’t have a difficult time penetrating any barrier that may have been created.

Next comes a cult classic from the brand, the Kiehl’s Midnight Recovery Concentrate. I’m a fan of this replenishing oil already so I was quite excited to find that it would be a part of this challenge. Besides the fact that my skin feels smoother and healthier by morning, I also get a restful night of sleep thanks to the presence of lavender essential oil in the formula. I love to press this against the core areas of my face then proceed to massage it into my skin.

In the mornings, I’ll be giving the Kiehl’s Midnight Recovery Concentrate a skip and jump straight to my Kiehl’s Ultra Facial Moisturizing Cream. Another concern of mine is dry/dehydrated skin. With it lacking moisture, I tend to sometimes appear dull and in need of replenishment. This facial cream works to help reduce loss of moisture while also drawing and absorbing moisture from the air. I'm enjoying the fact that it's light textured, doesn’t leave my skin feeling greasy therefore making it easy to apply primer and makeup right afterwards.

Back to my nighttime routine, after using my Kiehl’s Ultra Facial Moisturizing Cream I reach for my final product in this regimen and that is the Kiehl’s Creamy Eye Treatment with Avocado. This may be my favourite of all the products mentioned in this post. It is a thick eye cream and very little goes a long way. I pick up a tiny bit of product with my ring fingers, massage them together and then gently tap and massage along my orbital bone. It’s a treat to use before bedtime especially as that burst of hydrating is absorbed into the skin.

***WEEK ONE UPDATE***

1. Kiehl’s Dermatologist Solution™ Clearly Corrective Dark Spot Solution
My dark spots on my cheek area aren't as prominent as they were on day one. However, I have had two new (hormonal) breakouts in that same area since then so we have a couple more spots to clear up! *sigh* I'm continuing to love the consistency and the texture of the CCDSS so I'm hopeful I'll see a greater difference at the end of the 28 day period.

2. Kiehl’s Dermatologist Solution™ Powerful Strength Line-Reducing Concentrate
My skin feels plump and I believe it may be due to this concentrate. While I don't have many visible lines or wrinkles, I do believe its doing the groundwork beneath the surface.

3. Kiehl’s Midnight Recovery Concentrate
Consider this my new sleeping agent ;) I look forward to applying this at night and when I wake up the next morning, my skin feels replenished. Such a treat!

4. Kiehl’s Ultra Facial Moisturizing Cream
I am loving this cream for everyday use. I have a dry u-zone so I love what the presence of Glacial Glycoprotein and desert plants does for hydration and moisture. I'm using this both morning and night, however, most nights I opt for a saturated face of Kiehl’s Midnight Recovery Concentrate alone followed by...

5. Kiehl’s Creamy Eye Treatment with Avocado
I knew this would be my favourite of the bunch. I'm loving what its doing for my under eye area. It feels super hydrated thanks to Avocado Oil but it is of such a concentrated texture that it doesn't migrate into my eyes. A little goes a long way so love, love, love!

****WEEK 2 UPDATE: See video below :)****

****WEEK 3 UPDATE****
I have noticed a significant improvement in the overall appearance and texture of my skin. As you recall in my first impressions post I had just recently suffered a bout a acne which is very uncommon for me so my stress levels were somewhat high. I used all the High 5 To Great Skin products in an attempt to reduce the dark spots and pigmentation that had developed post-acne. I also changed up the order in which I use the products just to see if I would see results quicker.

I used the Kiehl's Powerful-Strength Line-Reducing Concentrate after a thoroughly cleansed face and before any other of the 5 products. At this point the tingling sensation was gone and I truly loved applying it. The consistency of the concentrate and the texture of my skin post-application was amazing.

I now follow this with the Kiehl's DS Clearly Corrective Dark Spot Solution and I spread this all over my face, not just in targeted areas. Midnight Recovery is next and I am super generous with it. It's still one of my favourite of the 5 products and the glow of my skin upon waking up in the morning is incredible.

For both morning and night I use the Ultra Facial Cream, once again it has a light enough texture yet hydrates and moisturises for at least 24 hours. It's such a treat to use and this is definitely something I will be repurchasing. It has also helped improve the texture of my skin. My final step is still the Creamy Avocado Eye Treatment and I keep falling in love with the formula over and over again. The burst of hydration along the orbital bone is what I look forward to the most and I have noticed an improvement on my under eye area.

Product Recommendation

Would you recommend this product to someone else?
Yes
Would you repurchase this product?
Yes
Cynthia Kiehl's Skin Analysis.jpg
Cynthia Kiehl's Products.jpg
Cynthia Kiehl's.jpg
Kiehl's 28 Day #ChangeYourSkin Challenge | #High5ToGreatSkin
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply