4.9 49 0.5
Fragrances November 07, 2013 665
OK
(Updated: July 02, 2015)
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

Thanks very much to the BB ladies for selecting me to be part of the royal review club as everybody who knows me knows that I take inspiration from Queen B from gossip girl so I was over the moon to be part of the royal secret as I felt it was most appropriate ?

The history of the fragrance:

Pop star Katy Perry launches her third fragrance and the first one done in cooperation with Coty. The scent is called Killer Queen by the song written by Freddie Mercury, and apparently it is totally different from its two predecessors. “Killer Queen has been in my vocabulary since I was 15, because of the song ‘Killer Queen’ by Queen,” said Perry to wwd. “Freddie Mercury painted the lyrics of this woman who I wanted to be. She seemed very powerful, and she captivated a room when she walked in. I named my company Killer Queen after those lyrics. I feel like, after all this time, it was appropriate to use that name in association with something I did. I feel like I’m falling, finally, into that woman Freddie painted.” Announced as a playful, sophisticated, powerful, edgy and delicious fragrance, it reflects the rebellious spirit of the singer. Its creation is signed by Laurent Le Guernec of IFF. The tag line is “own the throne”, and the scent is supposed to be powerful, edgy and sophisticated.
The bottle
The bottle is shaped like a red ruby and comes in its own golden pedestal. The fragrance is available as 15, 30, 50 and 100 ml Eau de Parfum with body lotion and shower gel. The best feature of all katy’s fragrances is the beautifully designed bottles which I really enjoy. This one in particular with the ruby shape and gold pedestal really sums up royalty.
The scent
Top notes include wild berries, dark plum and bergamot accords.
Main note of the heart is velvety red flower (Celosia), but there are also Sambac jasmine and rainbow plumeria.
The base contains cashmere, patchouli and liquid praline.
While reading it it sounds like a really amazing combination with a lot of favourite notes which sums up it is in the category of a fruitchouli. But the scent it’s self didn’t really wow me. A lot of people so it smells exactly like Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb. That pretty much sums up Killer Queen: sweet fruit + a load of caramelized sugar + some very clean patchouli to darken things up.

Lasting power
The major downside is the lasting power which I find with all Coty fragrances I have tried, which is on the lower end for a floriental Eau de Parfum. After a couple hours, it’s just a sort of wan darkish musky thing which I don’t really like (think after scent of burnt plastic with a hint of musk).

Overall

I would maybe purchase this as an ornament for the bottle but I wouldn’t wear it
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply