4.5 30 0.5
Fragrances October 21, 2014 1536
A Rebel With A Cause
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

Killer Queen's Royal Revolution by Katy Perry
A fragrance that is as beautiful as it is bold, as royal as it is rebellious.

This fragrance is Katy Perry's 5th scent and her 3rd with Coty in the Killer Queen range.

Royal Revolution comes in a gorgeous, exotic looking box and in an exquisite blue glass bottle. Its gem-like shape makes you feel like you are holding a prized treasure and has you wondering if a royal sceptre in a land far, faraway is missing its precious crowning jewel. The cap on this bottle is in an armour inspired gun-metal tone to portray fearless courage. It showcases the custom royal crest to Katy Perry's fragrance empire.
The packaging of this perfume symbolises a kind of beauty that, though delicate, is a force to be reckoned with.

The Royal Revolution fragrance had me at Hello. It is fresh, clean and crisp. When I spritzed it, it opened up with a dark sweet note. This is due to the tantalising top notes of pink freesia kissed by the nectar of ruby-red pomegranate that delight your senses. These top notes quickly lift and the heart of the perfume kicks in. It is the middle notes of sandalwood balanced with sheer orange flower and velvety jasmine petals that create a soft, delicate floral heart. The base notes of the Mystical Blackthorn, sexy musk and soft vanilla orchid give it an unexpected twist in the dry-down.

This floral yet slightly fruity fragrance really took me by surprise. It is not overpowering and it mellows to a sweet and soft linger on the skin in the dry-down. It is very wearable, whether day or night, throughout the year with the different notes shifting depending on the season and body chemistry.

Royal Revolution is interesting and unique because of the addition of the Mystical Blackthorn which epitomises the balance of feminine beauty and wild rebellion with its delicate white flowers protected by its prickly ebony bark. It reminds me of that confident woman who knows where she is going in life - so the world steps aside to give her room. However, as you get to know her with time, you get to see the woman underneath it all, her softer side and get to appreciate the perfect harmony of beauty and power.

The longevity of this fragrance on me is about 3 hrs. You will definitely need to re-apply during the day to keep this scent going. However, the longevity can be increased by using the accompanying body care collection to layer the scent.

Among consumers, this Killer Queen is destined to lead a Royal Revolution because everyone loves the scent of victory! According to Royal Revolution marketing team, It's indeed a new sensibility, a wild way of holding courting with rebellion on her mind and defiance on her playful lips.

Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

2 results - showing 1 - 2
Ordering
October 28, 2014
lovely review :) xx
D
Des1234
October 29, 2014
In reply to an earlier comment

Thank you very much:)
M