Review Detail

4.5 30 0.5
Fragrances October 21, 2014 1536
More than just another "Celebrity fragrance"
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

When it comes to celebrity fragrances, I often am not blown away by them. This is usually because the quality of the ingredients aren't as great as their more expensive counterparts and the fragrances seem unimaginative so that they get that mass market appeal.

Katy Perry's latest offer, Royal Revolution, really has me intrigued. It's one of those fragrances that is so dynamic and complex that each time you wear it you pick up different notes. The notes are floral and slightly fruity at the same time - a perfect balance between the two. I personally love fruity fragrances but I don't want to smell like air freshener, so the addition of the floral notes real balances things out nicely. The top notes are aromas of red pomegranate and pink freesia. The heart of the fragrance contains Jasmine and orange flower and sandalwood. The base is blackthorn, vanilla orchid, leather and skin musk. As you can see by the list of fragrances this truly is dynamic!

The bottle is based on a blue diamond that is truly beautiful to look at. This perfume not only smells expensive, the bottle makes it feel expensive. I really love the unusual shape of the bottle and how the the lid looks like a crown topped with Katy Perry's royal crest.

When it comes to perfume, I can be quite a snob - I am not going to lie. But in all honesty, this is a perfume I can see myself wearing every day. It is absolutely perfect for summer and the price makes it something you can afford to wear everyday without having the dreaded "Replacement Cost" in the back of your mind.

If I had to recommend one celebrity fragrance to a friend to buy - it would be this one! Katy Perry really has a great range of perfumes and this one in particular is fantastic!
SMTCHA022
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply