4.8 4 0.5
Lipgloss. Balms, Lip Plumpers June 29, 2012 211
Kangol Lip lights Lip Gloss
(Updated: July 02, 2015)
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

What a nifty, much needed and effective lip gloss from Kangol. Kangol have always brought through innovative designs, colours and concepts when it comes to their cosmetics and this lip gloss is no different. A unique experience to using your gloss at night, in dark places or in the darkened bathrooms of clubs.

The gloss comes in a clear rectangle canister with black twist-off lid. The colour of gloss can be seen through the clear tube. The writing is all done in black, with a blue spark on the “i” in the word lights. The applicator is white with a white spongy tip. As you turn open the lid, after about 2 turns, 2 tiny blue lights can be seen flicking on. The lights are highly effective and actually quite bright for their size. I do feel it would help if the loss also came with a mirror on one side of the canister, it would make it a power-house gloss.

The colour I have is a metallic orange/red. I thought it looked like a glittery bronzed orange from the tube but the colour was very different when opened. On application though; I was happy with the results. It’s a warm, glowing and moisturizing formula that glides on with ease. The colour deeply penetrates and lasts a relatively long time even whilst eating or drinking. But re-applying is so fun that you wouldn’t even mind the process. The gloss wasn’t sticky nor was it tacky. The formula doesn’t have an odour and washes off easily if it stains clothing or fingertips. It is very light and I often forgot that I even had anything on. It’s not glittery, which I love as I can’t stand the feel of glitter grinding on my lips when I press them together.

My wand was a bit loose from its base (the inside of the cap), this made applying the gloss in a hurry a bit tricky but I have since glued it into place. There are soooo many luscious colours to choose from, including clear that I’m bound to add many more to my collection. It’s an addition that helps in those darkened situations where instant colour, moisture and “light” is needed ;)
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply