Beauty Bulletin

Review Detail

5.0 2 0.5
Kangol Kolour Chemistry Eyeshadow Kit in Carnaby Street
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

I love my Kangol cosmetics, they deliver on exceptional value, intense colour and vibrancy and their cost effective too. I picked up 2 new eyeshadow compacts at Truworths that were R69.00 each. This is a really reasonable price as each kit consists of 4 colours.

Carnaby Street is a fun and catchy name for the colours I purchased. It’s a vibrant, easy to blend shade of colours; they each work great on their own or paired with each other. The compact, with its easy to use sponge-tipped applicator is so versatile and low maintenance. It enables me to try many adventurous looks all from one easy to go to palette.

The compact is square and done in black with a clear lid. The lid has Kangol printed in black and Kolour in multi-colours. The look is minimal but very striking; it’s a fun, young and fresh look. I love how Kangol remains a young and hip looking brand that has grown-up with their consumers. They deliver colours that suit every need, occasion and age group. The best part of Carnaby Street is that it consists of one out-of-this-world shade combined with a bright show-stopper colour and 2 “normal” or safe demure shades. There’s an orange-rust shade, aquamarine, bronze and deep plum. All these shades work so well together and I love the very modern and edgy smokey eye look I can do with these shades.

They all have one thing in common- they all have a sheer glitter look to them which makes them pop and stand out at night and look refined and metallic when used wet.

All the colours blend perfectly and look striking when paired together even though the colours are so different. The complimentary shades suit every skin tone and can be used at different areas of the eye to bring out the personality of the wearer. I personally love using the aquamarine shade on the inner most part of my eyes and under the lower lash line. The bronze works amazingly as a highlighter.

This colour shade kit for me is a summer must-have as the colours are perfect for a beach holiday. They add some pizazz to any outfit. At R69.00 you can’t afford not to indulge in some Kangol magic, the kit lasts forever and I found can be used both wet or dry to create a magnitude of looks.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply