4.1 16 0.5
Hair Dyes November 17, 2013 1371
Kair Blonde Highlighting Kit
(Updated: July 07, 2015)
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

I have been pondering over lightening my hair for some time now, and given my past experiences with going Blonde I was a bit scared. So after walking into my local clicks store, I found myself in the hair section, staring down at a Blonde highlighting kit.

I did not want to use the cap, I sort of wanted a free hand approach, so I opted for the refill kit as opposed to the full kit. Before going crazy on my whole head, I decided to do a peek a boo piece behind my left ear.

In mixed 1 part powder with 2 parts creme activator to create a nice smooth blue paste. I then proceeded to coat the full strand of my hair with the mixture. I then covered with foil to prevent it from mixing with my other hair.

My hair is dark brown in color, so I waited the maximum time (55mins - withe checking it periodically)before washing off.

I was super pleased with the result!!! My hair lightened up extremely well, Its like a dark blonde color - Nothing brassy or orange as I feared. I want it to be platinum blonde though so I will repeat the process in another 2 weeks or so.

After rinsing off, I treated the color section with my John Frieda Full Repair deep conditioner. I think this really helped as after styling, My peek a boo blonde piece was super soft, glossy, and healthy looking... A really good start!!

Once I become more brave I think ill definitely go more bold!
SC
Top 50 Reviewer 280 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply