Justine review.jpg
Cleansers,Toners,Washes April 07, 2014 651
Justine Perfecting Skin Range for uneven skin tone
(Updated: July 09, 2015)
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

The first thing that impressed me about this range of products, is the lovely and fresh green colour. The products are perfectly matched, and look like a professional range.

This 3 step range for uneven skintone, is all inclusive, for day time. There is a night cream, which I have not reviewed

Follow me in my routine, pictorial included!

1) First up, wash your hands! You may think that you can wash your face and hands at once, but it is important to wash your hands first, as your hands are the major carrier of germs.

2) Dampen your face with warm water, and apply a small amount of cleanser, and massage into your face. Rinse off with luke warm water. It is important to wash your face morning and evening, whether you think your face is dirty or not. Makeup is not the only dirt on your face, dust, free radicals and environmental pollutants all affect your skin, and need to be washed off twice a day.
This Justine cleanser, is the first gel cleanser I have ever tried that is not drying. It removes make up quite well. It is a creamy and rich gel texture, if that even makes sense. The formula is quite runny, so dont squeeze the tube. I think this formula is more suited to a pump bottle. The scent is amazing!

3)Time to tone up. After pat drying your face, with a clean towel. Do not rub your skin dry. Also, try use a seperate towel for your face, and the rest of you, to keep things clean. Apply a bit of toner to a cotton pad, and gently wipe over your face. See how much dirt comes off, even though you just washed your face. People always ask, is toner necessary, YES! It removes any dirt that is remaining, and prepares your face for your moisturiser.
This toner is gentle and not drying at all. No tight face for me. A lot of toners use alcohol in it, which dries your face, so keep a look out for that. This toner is alcohol free.

4)Time to moisturise! Moisturising and sun protection is extremely important. Sun damage is the number one reason for premature ageing. Apply small dots of moisturiser on your forehead, cheeks, nose and chin, and then blend in. Do not rub hard, but rather pat it in. Allow your moisturiser to absorb before applying makeup.
Unfortunately this moisturiser was too thick for my skin. I love the texture and the smell, but because I am prone to clogged pores, this didnt work too well for me. It is a rich and luxurious cream, and I wish I could use it. It works perfectly as a primer, and makeup does not slip off your face. It also has spf 25, which is great! Sun protection is especially important when you are trying to even out your skin tone.

Sometimes a whole range doesnt work for specific skin types, as in my case. I would continue to use the cleanser and the toner, and perhaps get the mattifying day cream from Justine instead.

And there you have my routine, with Justine!
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

2 results - showing 1 - 2
Ordering
April 07, 2014
Great read!
R
Ronnae
April 14, 2014
a great review,it was very informative
S
shantelg