Review Detail

4.1 5 0.5
Styling Products September 16, 2015 284
John Frieda Full Repair Protecting Root Lift Foam
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

Disclaimer: I'm very lazy when it comes to my hair. I generally give styling products a miss, except for my heat protection spray and a spritz of dry oil every now and then to smooth my ends.

So, when I got the opportunity to try the John Frieda Full Repair Protecting Root Lift Foam, I was intrigued and a little apprehensive...

Designed for dry, damaged hair that needs both nourishment and volume, this sounded like the perfect product to give life and lift to my fine, colour-treated hair lacking in moisture. Bonus: It provides heat protection too!

However, for lazy me to actually put it to good use, it would have to be a seriously low maintenance product...regardless of how great the results were.

The instructions seemed simple enough: Section your towel-dried hair, work the foam into your roots until the entire crown area is covered and then heat-style. I skipped the sectioning (obviously, what a mission) and scrunched 3 pumps of product into my roots. I then roughly blow-dried my hair and straightened the unruly bits.

I'm very pleased with the amount of lift that this product gave my lifeless locks without weighing them down. It's now Day 2 and I definitely feel that the product has made my hair softer and stronger without making it greasy.

I used this product after washing my hair with Pantene Aqua Light Shampoo, a light silicone-free shampoo that leaves no residue. I think that using the root lift foam with a very hydrating shampoo could cause hair to be greasy, so use caution...

John Frieda Full Repair Protecting Root Lift Foam is a low-maintenance styling product that I can definitely see myself using regularly. I highly recommend that you try it out if you have fine, dry hair that needs equal parts lift and moisture.

Product Recommendation

Would you recommend this product to someone else?
Yes
Would you repurchase this product?
Yes
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply